Unclear about some of Maschine daw buttons

AxMusic
AxMusic Member Posts: 118 Member
edited March 2022 in Maschine

Hello was wondering if someone could enlighten me on a few buttons functions as I’m unclear as to what they do..

1.I noticed in maschine in the mixer view there is a headphone looking icon, what does that do?

2.There is a power button next to the cpu meter, is all that this button does is turn off the cpu meter? If so what would the purpose of this be, does this actually save cpu power?

3. I notice there is a link button as well and am unsure what that does..

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 429 Pro
    Answer ✓

That is for syncing up to Ableton Link sessions with either other users over WiFi or with other apps on your PC, e.g. VCV rack or Reaktor

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,535 Expert
    1. would be for monitoring sounds via the set monitor output
    2. is to disable the audio engine of the software, for example if you need to switch off audio as a "panic" because of feedback or just because you need to use a connected MIDI keyboard in something else without triggering Maschine while it is open, it basically just switches Maschine software off.
  • AxMusic
    1. what do you mean by “set monitor output”?
    2. Thank You! Clears that up.
    3. Any clue what that link button does?
  • JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,535 Expert
    edited March 2022
    1. Your cue output:

I'm not an in-depth Maschine user but if you have a multi-output audio interface you can setup a separate cue/monitor output from your main output so when you assign something to monitor, it comes out separate from the main output

1. What link button? Screenshots are always handy to show what you are referring to

Also, don't forget there is a manual for Maschine which can often answer your questions, worth (and recommended) to read:

https://www.native-instruments.com/ni-tech-manuals/maschine-software-manual/en/welcome-to-the-maschine-software-manual

• AxMusic

Thanks will check out the Manuel for sure!

for reference this is the Link button I was talking about..

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 429 Pro
    Answer ✓

That is for syncing up to Ableton Link sessions with either other users over WiFi or with other apps on your PC, e.g. VCV rack or Reaktor