Force Traktor to switch to a Track Deck on C/D after switching from external inputs?

DanteBen
DanteBen Member Posts: 10 Member

Hi there,

Is there any simple way to force Traktor to switch to a Track Deck on C/D rather than a Remix Deck when switching External Input off? This happens on a Traktor Kontrol S3 and S4 Mk3.

I know I can make a convoluted controller mapping with a modifier to do it, but it feels like there should be a setting in Preferences and I can't find one.

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,731 mod
    Answer ✓

If you open the file '\Traktor Pro 3\Resources64\qml\CSI\S4MK3\S4MK3Channel.qml' with notepad++ you will find in line 16++ the following code:

Wire 
     { 
       to: ButtonScriptAdapter 
       { 
         onPress: 
         {
           if(!module.shift)
           {
             deckType.value = (deckType.value == DeckType.Live) ? Helpers.defaultTypeForDeck(module.index) : DeckType.Live;
           }
         }
         brightness: (deckType.value == DeckType.Live) ? 1.0 : 0.0
       } 
     }

The code references the file '\Traktor Pro 3\Resources64\qml\CSI\Common\DeckHelpers.js'. In line 22++ of that short file you will find the lines:

// primary decks default to track, secondary decks default to remix
    function defaultTypeForDeck(deckIdx)
    {
       return (deckIdx > 2) ? DeckType.Remix : DeckType.Track
    }

This code makes the the default switchback to TrackDeck, with the exception of deck C and D (deckIdx > 2) with a switchback to RemixDeck.

It will always switch to TrackDeck if you change this:

to this:

return DeckType.Track

Enjoy, and happy modding. 🦋

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,254 Expert

I could be wrong, but isn’t this managed by the decks layout?

• DanteBen

Sadly not. Those options change as you change the deck flavour anywhere, and they automatically change to Remix Decks when returning from EXT input on C/D.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,254 Expert

What happens when you push more than one time on C/D buttons?

• DanteBen

Nothing. Just tried pressing them then and it did nothing.

My workaround is to have a custom mapping where the Hotcues button switches the Deck Flavour to Track Deck if the Flavor is set to Remix Deck. This means I’ve got to switch it if I ever switch between EXT and internal, which kinda sucks when playing 4 deck sets with an occasional vinyl record thrown in.

I’m still confused why C/D are forced into a Remix Deck instead of the last type of deck that was active.

• Sûlherokhh

The EXT-Button functions are qml assignments. Look for the files that say Mixer or Channel.

• Sûlherokhh
    Answer ✓

If you open the file '\Traktor Pro 3\Resources64\qml\CSI\S4MK3\S4MK3Channel.qml' with notepad++ you will find in line 16++ the following code:

Wire 
     { 
       to: ButtonScriptAdapter 
       { 
         onPress: 
         {
           if(!module.shift)
           {
             deckType.value = (deckType.value == DeckType.Live) ? Helpers.defaultTypeForDeck(module.index) : DeckType.Live;
           }
         }
         brightness: (deckType.value == DeckType.Live) ? 1.0 : 0.0
       } 
     }

The code references the file '\Traktor Pro 3\Resources64\qml\CSI\Common\DeckHelpers.js'. In line 22++ of that short file you will find the lines:

// primary decks default to track, secondary decks default to remix
    function defaultTypeForDeck(deckIdx)
    {
    }

This code makes the the default switchback to TrackDeck, with the exception of deck C and D (deckIdx > 2) with a switchback to RemixDeck.

It will always switch to TrackDeck if you change this:

to this:

return DeckType.Track

Enjoy, and happy modding. 🦋

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,654 mod

You could also output MIDI from Remix Deck flavor --> Send into loopback --> Then trigger Track Deck flavor.

• Samoilove
    Samoilove Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi! As far as I understand - this is suggestion for Windows Users, that about MAC os?