Problem running Moog Minitaur in Maschine (solved)

Alexis83
Alexis83 Member Posts: 8 Member
edited February 2022 in Maschine

Hi,

I've recently purchased a Moog Minitaur but I have difficulties using it on Maschine. I've never had any issues using my other external synth (MophoX4) on Maschine so I'm wondering why it's not working.

My sound interface is an RME Fireface UC and is connected to my computer via USB. In addition to the MK2, I also use a midi keyboard (M-Audio Keystation), connected to my computer via USB. All midi devices are well detected and set on working in Maschine's Midi "preferences" menu. I use Maschine's latest version.

Here is how I've routed Audio and Midi:

Audio out from the Minitaur to my audio interface (RME Fireface UC). On the Maschine sound control panel, I've selected this source as my audio input.

Midi out from the Fireface to the Minitaur. On the Maschine sound control panel, I've selected this source as my midi output. When I press a key on my midi keyboard controller, I can see that the midi signal is detected on the Minitaur. On the sound control panel, I've selected the M-audio keyboard as my midi input.

However, when I press a key, there is no sound sent to the Fireface thus nothing comes out of the speaker. I've made sure that all routings are well configured in Maschine and in the TotalMix software (the mixer that comes with the Fireface) but it's not working.

Am I missing anything? Would you have any advices?

Thanks!

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    Answer ✓

Have you tried other MIDI channels ? Have you tried controlling the Minitaur directly from your computer ? You should be able to check the MIDI channel this way. Have you tried to connect the synth to the MIDI out of the MK2 and select this output instead ?

• Alexis83
    Answer ✓

Finally, it’s working! I don’t why but the Minitaur’s MIDI channel was set by default on 15.

Thanks!

Answers

• Jeremy_NI

@Alexis83 Did you check on what MIDI channel is the Minitaur set on ? Can you check if the sound is coming out of it ?

• Alexis83

Thanks Jeremy for your answer. Yes, as it is mentioned in the manual, it is by defaut set on channel 1. So that's the channel I've selected on Maschine. There is not sound coming out...

• Jeremy_NI

If you write a pattern in Maschine, not with the keyboard, do you get sound ? And is the keyboard is also set to MIDI channel 1 ?

• Alexis83

I don't get sound either. And the keyboard is also set on Midi channel 1...

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 342 Guru

Any audio if you plug headphones into the moog?

• Alexis83

No sound as well :(

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Have you tried other MIDI channels ? Have you tried controlling the Minitaur directly from your computer ? You should be able to check the MIDI channel this way. Have you tried to connect the synth to the MIDI out of the MK2 and select this output instead ?

• Alexis83
    Answer ✓

Finally, it’s working! I don’t why but the Minitaur’s MIDI channel was set by default on 15.

Thanks!