how can i record a microphone properly with machine

Options
machinamagica
machinamagica Member Posts: 8 Newcomer

hi ni community,

i own a machine studio and a sm58 mic. now i want to produce beats and and add a voice track to it. the microphone should be positioned inside a stereo signal like it is in all music tracks i know.

my sound device is a M-audio air 192x6

the funny fact is: i don’t have the slightest idea how to accomplish it in this scenario although i always thought this would be easy like 123.

do i need a DAW software connected or is it possible with the machine software ? the only thing i could find out was some mono sampling (one sided)

thanks in advance

adrian

machina_magica

Best Answer

• djadidai
    djadidai Member Posts: 393 Pro
    Answer ✓
    Options

Go to sampler, check your signal so you have audio coming in, set the loop length to “free” I believe it’s called and record yourself for as long as you need. You can always change the settings from sampler to audio module even after recording.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,291 Expert
    Options

It is possible, but not the more straightforward process. To record a long piece of audio it would be better to use the audio module, not the sampler. Then to place it in the arrangement you can use different patterns with the part of the audio that goes into a determined part of the song, play it from A to Z as it is or use the clips, which are more freely movable in the arrangement (no boundaries with the pattern).

For recording, you have to change the input settings from mono to stereo

• machinamagica
    machinamagica Member Posts: 8 Newcomer
    Options

so you mean i should record it outside of machine software, then use the wav as clip ?

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    Options

You should dive into the manual. Explaining it here looks too complicated.

17.2 Recording Audio

MASCHINE provides everything you need to record audio

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,291 Expert
    Options

No. You can do it inside Maschine. As I said, not so straightforward, but you can do it

• djadidai
    djadidai Member Posts: 393 Pro
    Answer ✓
    Options

Go to sampler, check your signal so you have audio coming in, set the loop length to “free” I believe it’s called and record yourself for as long as you need. You can always change the settings from sampler to audio module even after recording.