Komplete Kontrol S88 MkII Setup Issue on M1 Mac.

Options
Arterium
Arterium Member Posts: 5 Member
edited March 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

Hey friends. Just got my Komplete Kontrol S88 MkII and have downloaded everything in Native access. Have also launched the Komplete Kontrol app several times with and without DAW's (Ableton and Luna). Not getting any response from keys and keyboard not bringing up any of the colour screens (just stuck on the basic midiport). Frustrating!!. Would love some help. Thank you kindly.

Best Answer

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @Arterium Make sure to give Full Disk Access to Native Access, Komplete Kontrol and your DAW: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Also check another USB port, another USB cable and you can also follow these steps: My KOMPLETE KONTROL Keyboard Does Not Start

• Arterium
    Options

Jeremy, You are a champion! Thank you. USB cable in different port and permissions got my LCD with browsing features connected. Still no sound when pressing keys through komplete kontrol app but works in LUNA. Attaching a screenshot of my attempts to configure in ableton. As stated, managed setup in LUNA but still getting the VST2 VST3 migration error message. Is there a work-around for that? Thank you.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@Arterium Great to hear that the keyboard is functional. For the Migration error message, the preset you are trying to load is from Monark, a Reaktor instrument. Reaktor is not yet M1 / Apple Silicon natively supported, it still needs Rosetta, it's actually the last one. The beta is already available: Reaktor 6.5.0: Announcing start of Beta phase for January 2023

If you want to use Reaktor 6 and Reaktor instruments you would need to either run Ableton in Rosetta mode or get the beta version.

• Arterium
    Options

Ok. No worries. Thank you Jeremy. I can be patient on that one. Any clues about what i'm missing for keyboard setup in Ableton such as other M1 NI compatible plugins?

• Arterium
    Options

Forget that. I did get that working. Curious where can I find Alicia's Keys and how to find other plugins people rave about. Thanks.