Can not see Maschine AU on Logic Pro

dessed
dessed Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
edited February 2022 in Maschine

Hello, please could someone help me with this?

I am new with Maschine since a few months, and everything fine on the Machine itself, and the Software, but now I want to go forward to use it on Logic, and I am tired on looking for someone with the same issue, but seems is not that common? Or I don't know, but I am lost, and I don't know how to sort it.

I can not see Maschine inside Logic Pro, and I don't know what is wrong. I reinstalled, and re-scan, and updated, and so on, and no idea, when I click, the following is showed:

Any idea on what is wrong please? Thanks in advance and regards!

Best Answers

• dessed
    Answer ✓

Ok... I just solved it! :D

I tried again more steps, deleting all components to try again (I already did this), and now, I found it was asking me 2-3 times in a raw to re-scan components every time I was reopening, and I searched for help online again and voila!

1.Copy All files from Macintosh HD /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/

2.Paste to Macintosh HD/Users/your user name/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/

3.Click on Replace All

Next time when you start logic it will scan all audio units only once and the scan wont reoccur in every subsequent startup.

Solving the issue from today, I solved the main issue.. So, case solved!! Thank you very much for your help Regards!

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓

Hey @dessed Good news that you solved the issue but be aware that plug-ins are installed in this location by default: Macintosh HD /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/

Moving them might have unwanted consequences, especially if you update them and forget to copy them in the correct location.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    edited February 2022

I am not a logic user, but the plugin says you are in Editor View (top Right), what are the other selections? Basing this on the fact that Reaper (another DAW) has a button on its plugin window that allows you to change from UI (the actual plugin interface) to a parameter view (that looks exactly like what you are seeing in logic). Again, not a logic user, just a suggestion!

Did some Googling and found this...

How to change the default view of all plugins. - Logic Pro Help

So the "View" you need to choose is "Controls"... and then look at your preferences to make sure that you Check "Open in controls view"

Hope that helps!!!

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @dessed have you tried these troubleshooting steps as well?

My Native Instruments Hardware Device is Not Recognized

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited February 2022

Not much of a Logic user but from your screenshot you're in Editor view, click it, and select Maschine 2 View

• dessed

Hello good evening or afternoon!

Thank you so much for the answers! 😀

The hardware is detected, as I can even control Logic Pro from the Maschine as a DAW controller. When I turn it off, and I start a new project from 0, and following steps that eeeeevery youtuber shows.. not working for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBmCzs9axe8&t=229s

Unfortunately I touched every box, and options inside the shown panel window, and nothing ends in the AU of Native instruments.

I hope I can move this a bit a up and someone with experience in Logic or someone gives me the key, as seems to be a dumb thing and I can not sort it! 😤

Thank you!

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

@Jeremy_NI Can you help us? T_T

• Jeremy_NI

Hey @dessed Have you followed @Blindeddie 's advice ?

How to change the default view of all plugins. - Logic Pro Help

this is the box that should be unticked:

If that' doesn't solve the issue, are your other third party plug-ins loading like this ? If it's happening on other plug-ins and not only NI ones, it is an issue with Logic.

Did you install an utility called "BetterTouchTool" ? Or a similar app ? It seems that it can create this issue: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251478218

• dessed

Thank you very much @Kaiwan_NI and @Jeremy_NI I appreciate it.

I don't have any strange or deep configs to be honest, just Logic and a few plugins. Unfortunately not working those steps.. I tried the first help from @Blindeddie (thanks! I didn not mentioned you!) but nothing changes. I think the best will be going that Logic forum to ask some Logic Pro user to see, Ill keep it posted when I find what it is.

Other Plugins looks as they should when doing same steps, so thats the mystery I can not find an answer..

I am still betting is a very simple thing... And who knows what it is.. :D

Kind Regards!

• dessed
    Answer ✓

Ok... I just solved it! :D

I tried again more steps, deleting all components to try again (I already did this), and now, I found it was asking me 2-3 times in a raw to re-scan components every time I was reopening, and I searched for help online again and voila!

1.Copy All files from Macintosh HD /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/

2.Paste to Macintosh HD/Users/your user name/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/

3.Click on Replace All

Next time when you start logic it will scan all audio units only once and the scan wont reoccur in every subsequent startup.

Solving the issue from today, I solved the main issue.. So, case solved!! Thank you very much for your help Regards!

• Jeremy_NI
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓

Hey @dessed Good news that you solved the issue but be aware that plug-ins are installed in this location by default: Macintosh HD /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/

Moving them might have unwanted consequences, especially if you update them and forget to copy them in the correct location.