what is the real current version of maschine??

mostly_lucid
mostly_lucid Member Posts: 13 Member
edited February 2022 in Maschine

I have just spent my entire morning and still don't know the answer to this simple question.

I have Komplete 13 Ultimate, and I own a Maschine Mk2.

But there are many references to version 2.6 and version 2.8.

When I click the manual from inside the software it shows:

Software version: 2.8 (02/2019) Hardware version: MASCHINE MK2 but I am on 2.14.7

What am I missing?

Also, really struggling to find any tutorial that does not assume I have a MK3 controller.

Any suggestions on how to best learn the software?

Nothing I have tried to follow along with matches my screens or unit.

Thank you in advance.

Best Answers

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Being that the MK2 is discontinued, you will be hard pressed to find any tutorials that cover the MK2 and the latest version of the software. There is a 2.14 software addendum available here:

but does not specifically address functionality on the MK2. It’s going to be a “play around with it” scenario to equate any MK3 hardware references to the MK2.

• mostly_lucid

Thank you for that.

I did figure out part of what was confusing me, I was reading my software version as 2.1.4 at first vs release 14 of version 2.

So I was thinking version 2.6 and 2.8 were newer.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    Answer ✓

Hi there @mostly_lucid I think our MK2 tutorial series are still up on YouTube 😃

The whole series are down at the bottom of this page here: MASCHINE tutorials

• mostly_lucid

@ Kaiwan_NI -- thank you for that link, there is a lot of information there.

It is strange that despite me spending a lot of time searching (google, youtube) and browsing the main NI site I never seen these.

I just went and double checked and could not find a way of getting to the above without a direct link.

For the most part I don't do any editing on the Maschine itself, just using it as a controller and 95% or more of the work is all in the software.

Going through the manual now front to back, thanks for the link!

Joe

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

Just an FYI, All the Trutorials and a lot of other vids are available on the Native Instruments YouTube Channel!

Native Instruments - YouTube