NKS User Library

Options

Comments

• ricksa82
    ricksa82 Member Posts: 19 Member
    Options

Has anyone made the NKS presets for UJAM?

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 414 Guru
    Options

UJAM, I have a bunch of VST2 things @ricksa82 - DM me and I'll see if I can help.

• Vagus
    Options

Finally able to reply - but as Jester says, there is an automation issue with HALion on some specific instruments.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,625 Expert
    Options

I managed to get a workaround to overcome that issue after a few solid days of testing but it has to be done on a preset-by-preset basis and takes hours to fix 1 library, but I have half of the Halion content upgraded to Halion 7 with more detailed controller maps. Will likely still be weeks away but is all working on my test machines here. Should now offer a little more control than just the macro and X/Y controls

• Rikk Show
    Rikk Show Member Posts: 100 Helper
    edited February 2023
    Options

You can send me a patch if you want. I can test on win 10. I have KK, maschine, and Halion 7.

Only took me a week to get my H7 license issue fixed... Steinberg...

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,797 mod
    edited February 2023
    Options

Here's a NKS template for another cool granular effect - Sugarbytes Graindad

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1svts3zk3xkh3do/SugarBytes%20Graindad%20VST3%20template.zip?dl=0

Just the template and database files - not had time to save presets (there are quite a few) but tbh control is more important with this plugin for sample and audio mangling

• Kymeia
    Options

I really want to make one for Crusher X but it's hard to know where to start - the interface is so complex

• Dalil
    Dalil Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Hello everyone, my first attempt to create an user NKS library for a VST Instrument.

UAD Minimoog (with preview files) : https://www.dropbox.com/s/qhc5jbdcs85ej6o/UAD%20Minimoog%20NKS.zip?dl=0

• Kymeia
    Options

That's awesome - pity I don't have it myself but thanks for the hard work

• Dalil
    Dalil Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

I tried to make preview files for a FX: Valhalla Delay - unfortunately the previews don't work with FX. Is it a normal behavior or am I doing something wrong.

I thought I would be helpful to have a preview of a delay effect instead of loading a preset, testing it and then doing it over and over again until I find something that suits my need.

• Diam
    Diam Member Posts: 217 Helper
    Options

I figure as most effect plugins don't actually play sound in and of themselves, this would not really work and therefore has not been implemented. I imagine to do this they would probably need to use some sort of convolution technology/methodology or a different type of file compression to make effect presets readable in KK.

To my knowledge it is not something that has ever been explored, but maybe it would be a rather cool and sought after feature if they figured out a way to do it.

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,376 mod
    Options

FX are not creating sounds. They only modulate/tweak whatever sound you use them for. Thus they can not have previews, it is absolutely impossible.

• Vagus
    edited March 2023
    Options

For @Diam and @Sunborn for clarification.

FX previews are coded out of Komplete Kontrol / Mashcine. It's a design choice rather than an impossibility.

As I say to my developers, it's just code (they regret ever saying this to me). It would not be difficult to allow previews to be played as a preview, because they're based on the preset, a state the plugin / host is in at the time saved.

You can export a preview using your DAW, and KK/Maschine could play that preview, which would be INCREIDBLY useful for blind/sight challenged users. It's a choice not to do this.

That said, I don't think NI are horrible for not doing this. I see the challenge, but that challenge is for the plugin / instrument developers, not NI.

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,376 mod
    edited March 2023
    Options

While this you said is very true, by "impossible" i meant something else.

The previews has to be based on a sound. But as i wrote the FX are not sound generators. Now, if we assume that we all use the same delay effect, it will sound different on a hi-hat, different on an arp lead and different to a pad or a voice sample, though its principles will be the same of course.

If you make the preview of a preset, based on a sound of your own, it will be meaningless to me, unless if i have the exact same sound. Of course, still you can get an idea about what this preset does, but... isn't this the reason for the tags? Even the preset name (or category) in most cases, are indicative / illustrative of what this preset does. Thus, in most cases at least, the previews for a FX preset are pointless and just a waste of space. I think, NI and other developers have exactly that in mind.

• Kymeia
    Options

The thing is in Komplete Kontrol fx only work with an instrument in the first slot so the previews will be assumed to be for the instrument not the effect