Line input sampling and assigning to patterns in song mode

Options
King swen
King swen Member Posts: 34 Member

I'm trying to use the sampler on maschine plus to record an external live instrument onto a pattern in song mode. When i record, the sampler creates a new pattern and puts it into the first scene instead of the pattern that was active in the scene when I recorded the sample.  Is there any way to assign the sampler to record into a blank pattern on song mode?  I'm wondering if I need to create a new group and route the line input audio into a second group so the pattern doesn't change in song mode. Any advice is appreciated! 

Answers

• aafanatic
    aafanatic Member Posts: 35 Helper
    Options

@King swen I haven’t heard of that before. I understand that it’s frustrating, but it’s just a sample in a group, I don’t think it matters what pattern it’s in. Are you sure it’s not a clip?

I would recommend using sync sampling to the full length of your intended pattern for timing purposes, then just make it one shot and polyphony of 1 and launch it in the intended pattern.

I totally agree that you shouldn’t have to use a work around, but sometimes I just want to get it done rather than figuring out what’s wrong.

I hope this helps

• King swen
    King swen Member Posts: 34 Member
    Options

I figured this out. I needed to select the pattern before recording my sample. When I tried to record a sample without selecting which pattern it didn't know what to do and created a whole new pattern somewhere.