The old forum becomes read-only 🕊

Nico_NI
Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
edited November 2023 in NI News
The final part of the migration has come.

Our previous community, running since 2005, has been switched to read-only.

It certainly is a very emotional moment for a lot of us, but also a big excitement to think about where this new space is going to take us to.

Even though we migrated the main threads, a lot of valuable content lies on the old platform, that is why we decided to let it accessible for the moment until we figure out the future plans.

Let's make all together this new chapter an even more memorable part of our history!

Tagged:

Comments

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    The last poster from today must be inform by Jeremy to leave this place.
  • Olihop
    Olihop Member Posts: 152 Advisor
    edited January 2022
    A page turns and another appears, blank and ready to continue the story ... It feels weird
    A thought to all those who brought this forum to life, and to Jeremy who will leave the last traces there.

• ehdyn
    ehdyn Member Posts: 26 Helper
    A bit concerned as there's some extremely deep info for building in Reaktor and examples shared by users that will be lost forever if you are only willing to commit to "read only for now".

Already you've taken down many of the old Reaktor-centric blog posts from NI themselves.. 
  • tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 292 Pro
    Things may come and things may go, but chocolate is still forever C H O C O L A T E and hopefully remain addictively so :D oh bugger these new emojis really are awful innit >:)
  • Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin
    ehdyn said:
    A bit concerned as there's some extremely deep info for building in Reaktor and examples shared by users that will be lost forever if you are only willing to commit to "read only for now".

Already you've taken down many of the old Reaktor-centric blog posts from NI themselves.. 
    We haven't worked out what's next for the forum yet but it's not something you'll see disappear in 2 months. We really want to preserve it one way or another, just need to see what makes sense. 
  • Jonathan Tremblay
    Jonathan Tremblay Member Posts: 12 Member
    Definitely need to preserve those old threads, so many of the things I had problems with found budding, or sometimes full on, solutions for. Also RIP to signatures.
  • nanotable
    nanotable Member Posts: 93 Advisor
    After a moment of silence

This might be a naive question, but aren’t the costs of hosting a read-only, static site marginal? The information contained in the old forum is invaluable imho, it’d be a great loss if it would just vanish. 
  • D2Lover
    D2Lover Member Posts: 42 Helper
    Loved the old forum and it was a constant reminder of my Traktor journey but have to say i've come over to the new forum full of optimism and excitement. i've even found myself engaging more with others which can only be a good thing. Lets's all keep keeping on.
  • Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
    nanotable said:
    After a moment of silence

This might be a naive question, but aren’t the costs of hosting a read-only, static site marginal? The information contained in the old forum is invaluable imho, it’d be a great loss if it would just vanish. 
    As said, nothing has been decided yet for the future of the content lying there. We're aware of its preciousness, but there might be other elements going into account than the maintenance costs. It involves different stakeholders dependencies so we cannot promise anything yet.
  • Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin
    D2Lover said:
    Loved the old forum and it was a constant reminder of my Traktor journey but have to say i've come over to the new forum full of optimism and excitement. i've even found myself engaging more with others which can only be a good thing. Lets's all keep keeping on.
    That's nice of you to share! 
    We're working hard to make more happen beyond the platform itself. Hopefully you'll be able to tell in the next couple of months 😅
  • ehdyn

Ok, so why is it that I can't read the old forum?

It's just telling me I don't have permission..

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    edited January 2022

nanotable said:

The information contained in the old forum is invaluable imho, it’d be a great loss if it would just vanish. 

Please mirror the old forum to

ehdyn said:

It's just telling me I don't have permission..

ehdyn, are you logged in?

• nanotable
    nanotable Member Posts: 93 Advisor

I can‘t quote selectively, but Yes to @Paule‘s Archive.org idea. That would be a great solution, if you don’t want to host the old forum yourself.

• ehdyn

Ok, I guess that was the problem.. had to log out to view General Discussion

This discussion has been closed.