"Bad" Sound Quality Traktor S8

matthias frühmorgen
matthias frühmorgen Member Posts: 8 Member
edited February 2022 in Traktor Software & Hardware

hi.

i use macOS Big Sur 11.5.1 and Traktor 3.5.2 299.

When i listen a track without traktor, as example with apples music app, the sound is clear and bright. When i listen the same track in traktor it sounds dull. also when i record the track and play the mix after with apples music app, it sounds dull. not really heavy, but you hear the difference. i already tried to make some changes in the settings, but nothing helps.

any idea?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• matthias frühmorgen
    Answer ✓

i just found out, that if i use the mini-port its bad quality, when i use the 6.3mm port it sounds better.

Answers

• Ryan_NI
    Ryan_NI Customer Care Posts: 191 mod

Hey Matthias,

Is the sound quality also bad when the S8 is not plugged in? Could you check out the tips in the article below and let me know if the issue persists? Even if it sounds good with Apple Music, there are different necessities for real-time audio processing:

Mac Tuning Tips for Audio Processing

• matthias frühmorgen

Hello. My Settings are correct. 48000 HZ and Buffer Size 576. And the MacOS Settings are also correct. But i think Traktor just plays it out a little bit different then on OS App if you have all knobs in standard position.

• matthias frühmorgen
    Answer ✓

i just found out, that if i use the mini-port its bad quality, when i use the 6.3mm port it sounds better.

• matthias frühmorgen

i have 2 traktor s8, one at home and one at office. at home i dont have the problem. strange. but i now ordered a headphone with a 6.3-adapter. so i dont have to use the mini-port. perhaps this will help.