KK88: How to use the Touchstrip to engage/activate the performance effects?

DJ Go-iLL
DJ Go-iLL Member Posts: 20 Member
edited February 2022 in Maschine

I saw a video where a producer used his Maschine+ that has a touchstrip to engage performance effects when in song view mode, but for the life of me, I'm having difficulty doing so with my Komplete 88 or Komplete 25 midi controllers.

I'm a Maschine Studio user and would like to use this feature. Are there any tip guides or videos that point to how to use this function with native instruments midi controllers?

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,040 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

you need to make a midi controller template for one of your keyboards where one strip sends midi cc data. Then you can learn this parameter, best option is then to record it into a DAW (not maschine).

Uwe

Answers

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓

Hello,

you need to make a midi controller template for one of your keyboards where one strip sends midi cc data. Then you can learn this parameter, best option is then to record it into a DAW (not maschine).

Uwe

• DJ Go-iLL
    DJ Go-iLL Member Posts: 20 Member

So basically I've got to use the controller is midi mode and send the info to my DAW to use this feature?

• Uwe303

Midi mode yes, you can use it also without a DAW, learn the touch strip in maschine but then you can't record it. If you want to record it, then you have to open maschine inside a DAW and record it there.

Uwe

• pranaearth
    pranaearth Member Posts: 50 Helper
    edited February 2022

Chapter 10 in the Komplete Kontrol manual talks all about how the K88MKII integrates with Machine, lots of good information to be had there.