Where do I load a new VSTI synth?

Gloglee
Gloglee Member Posts: 14 Member
edited January 2022 in Maschine

I want to expand my contemporary sounds into Maschine. Which folder do I load them into so the Maschine can see them?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ShelLuser
    ShelLuser Member Posts: 240 Pro
    Answer ✓

Depends, you can set up dedicated folders for this.

Just check the Maschine Preferences, open the Plug-Ins tab and then check out the "Locations" section; there you can add as many folders containing VST's as you'd like.

Answers

• ShelLuser
    Answer ✓

Depends, you can set up dedicated folders for this.

Just check the Maschine Preferences, open the Plug-Ins tab and then check out the "Locations" section; there you can add as many folders containing VST's as you'd like.

• Gloglee

Thanks. I did that. I rescanned. The new vst doesn't come up. I wonder what I;m missing...

• ShelLuser
    edited January 2022

@Gloglee said:

Thanks. I did that. I rescanned. The new vst doesn't come up.

What type of VST was it? (some day I'll try reading the thread header and peoples profiles! 🙄) If that was a VST3 then this is unfortunately by design because those are not supported just yet.

Another possibility could be the location of vst vs. vsti, in other words: effects vs. instruments. If you're working on a sound then the location of the VST will also matter:

So I have a rather insane amount of VST's it seems 😏

Anyway, as you can see I have a certain amount of VST's and yes, if you'd look inside the 'Native Instruments' folder you'd see effects such as Raum too. Thing is: NI treats their own plugins a bit more 'special' than others, many VST3 versions will also show up in there while my other VST3's won't work.

Onto my point:

Well, it seems the new layout doesn't allow for images to be placed side by side, but whatever. Notice any differences between my screenshots? I highlighted my example...

Voxengo SPAN (awesome analyzer btw, well worth the money IMO) only popped up after I had placed an instrument onto the chain, I couldn't add this at the beginning. So that's also something to keep in mind.

Hope this can give you some ideas.

• Gloglee

Yes. It gave some ideas. Thank you.

However, I still am not able to load 3rd party vst synths. So I tried getting one from NI. I loaded up Diva.

Again I can run it from my DAW. But I am not able to get NI Maschine to load the sounds. I see them, for example, in Kontrol. But when I click them, I am told Maschine can not find them.

I am open to other possible suggestions. I appreciate your time on this.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

@Gloglee If you haven't already, can you try launching Maschine standalone by right-clicking and selecting Run as Administrator? (If you're using Windows that is.)

If it still doesn't show up, try these steps here and let us know if that helps: My MASCHINE 2 Browser is Empty or Incomplete

• Gloglee

Thanks folks. I did both of these steps. I still can't find my 3rd part plugins. They load on my DAW. Not on Maschine.

• Gloglee

Does anybody else have Spire on Maschine?

Does anyone else use Serum on Maschine?

• coarsy
    coarsy Member Posts: 15 Member

Hi, yes, I'm using Serum within Maschine. It runs without any problems for months!

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

@Jeremy_NI Looping you in because I'm stumped. 🙏

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,291 mod

Hey @Gloglee In which folders did you install the VST files for these third party plug-ins ? Are these folders showing in your plug-in folders here ?

If you added the folders, hit rescan and your Vsts still don't show up, reset the database, as instructed in this video:

• Gloglee
    edited February 2022

I don't remember being able to select which folder to install it to the first time I loaded it.

When I so a search in File Explorer for Spire I find listed it in the Programs folder. But I can not open the program. There are only manuals in that folder.

UPDATE: I found Spire in the vstiplugins folder in Cakewalk. Rescanned on M2 and now I have a whole library of FX and Spire.

But now when I load Spire into a group on M2 ... I don't even know how to say this... I still can't get a sound.

If this is outside the scope of this particular hive mind, let me know. My brain is getting fuzzy and I either need more coffee or a short 10 hour nap.

• Gloglee

I'm going to uninstall Spire and start over.

What is the best folder to load in to?