Guitar rig 6 crashes

Options
Brentunes
Brentunes Member Posts: 4 Member
edited January 2023 in Guitar Rig & FX

Hey,

I’ve been waiting two months for support to help me. They keep responding to my emails with excuses saying they’re too busy or my colleague is out of work this week and will help me next week. It’s so frustrating and effecting my work. I have paying customers waiting on tracks.

Guitar rig 6 crashes and won’t open in Pro Tools, or standalone. I got sent a link originally to follow, which I did. I completely deleted gr6 from my computer and re installed. I allowed all the permissions and still no joy. All I wanted was a screen share session with tech support which I was promised and they just never bothered to contact me. After a few back and forths with support I was told time was available for the following Tuesday for a screen share session and I just never heard back. I sat around all day waiting and nobody got in touch. Please help me resolve this issue. I have the ultimate collector’s edition and for the price, being given the run around for support just isn’t a good way to treat people.

Best Answer

Answers

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,132 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

There's a dedicated help article with possible solutions - have you tried the first two?

Also, what macOS are you running? If it's Ventura, note that Guitar Rig 6 is currently not supported:

BUT... support is coming soon:

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@Brentunes Our support had a hard time in the first weeks of January, lots of requests and also a lot of sick leaves. We're really sorry for the longer wait, things are looking better now.

The last message from my colleague was on Wednesday January 11th proposing a remote session for the following Thursday but he didn't gey any reply. Not sure what happened here but feel free to respond to that email again so my colleague can re-schedule.

• Brentunes
    Options

Hey, thanks for the response. I actually did reply and was talking to another one of your colleagues also. I love you guys and don’t want to give a bad rap. Was just frustrated. I guess it came from the fact I had people responding when they could if helped me in the same message…. Anyway… as I said. I already responded to the email about the remote viewing but I’ll do it again, thanks :)

• Jeremy_NI
    edited January 2023
    Options

Hey @Brentunes Your frustration is totally understandable and I'm glad you reached out here. Hopefully you and my colleague can work out a remote session and resolve this. We'll keep an eye on it.

• MIckey7
    MIckey7 Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Hello,

I have gone through all of the recommended steps here to fix Guitar Rig 6 from crashing and nothing has worked.

• Eddie_NI
    Eddie_NI Product Team Posts: 357 mod
    Options

@Brentunes and @MIckey7

Could you please tell us your system specs (CPU, Operating System) and which version of Guitar Rig you are using?

In addition, if you are on macOS, could you provide a crashlog from the standalone version?

• Brentunes
    Options

Hey, how will I send you the crash log? I was emailed by a native instruments customer care representative last week about a remote session this week. I responded and agreed a time for this am and sat here waiting around and no reply at all. It’s the second time this has happened so it’s be great to get this sorted. Thanks :)

Its a mac studio (2022)

mac0S Monterey

• Eddie_NI
    Eddie_NI Product Team Posts: 357 mod
    Options

@Brentunes

You could attach the file here in a post or send me a direct message on this forum.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Brentunes My colleague got back to you and you have a definitive appointment I believe, sorry for the extra wait.