Feature requests for Traktor Pro 3

Velhox
Velhox Member Posts: 1 Member
  • Elastic beatgrid
  • Hot cue colors (pink, red, blue,etc) etc.
  • Labels
  • The possibility of being able to deploy 2 library at the same time
  • New memori cue to mark the song without having to spend a hot cue slot
  • The possibility of being able to mark 2 songs that remain

*Adding all this to Traktor pro would be very much at the level of other software in the future, a mini music editor could be made to cut or edit parts of a song.

Comments

• Wyley
    Wyley Member Posts: 239 Pro

How long have you been using Traktor for if I may ask? And how did you come up with this list if I may ask?

• Valentin Cristescu
    Valentin Cristescu Member Posts: 12 Member
    edited February 2022

No upset is just a personal opinion but every time someone comes up with an idea it is cut. A change is really needed !

- the possibility to have 2 library at the same time is beneficial for us

example - recordbox (2 library at the same time)

- the possibility to have other options to change in the list

example - traktor 2

- the possibility to sort the last pieces added to the list so that the first ones appear. [release date] it doesn't fit well

example - I have a folder with 800 pieces.I add 4 pieces. Do I have to scroll through the whole list to see them???

Can be solved by activating the column #. (switch up & down) and so we will have the new pieces added at the top. It should be added but I hope to see changes to the traktor

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 566 Pro

???????????

• wayfinder
    wayfinder Member Posts: 341 Guru

The style of this guy and his twin is a little unusual, but the points are valid. I would love to sort by # descending, I would love to have cue labels visible on the cue buttons in the track deck

• Wyley
    edited February 2022

I'm curious how people dj nowadays. I read this post after watching a techno set where the dude was using 6 motorized decks with a model 1 mixer. He didn't use sync nor was his tracks loaded up with cues points. He even pulled of a few scratches on a mixer without an xfader and was only using filters for effects.

Everybody has their own style and needs I guess. I do use cue points as markers but in my my genre most tracks are under 4 minutes so there is not much to plot on the track.

I'm not disagreeing with the request but IMO if rekordbox is ticking the boxes why even bother with traktor?

• TeLLy
    TeLLy Member Posts: 71 Advisor

Currently doing a fire sale backup restore on my Macs, but I could swear you could click on the track # header on either the playlist or the broader collection to sort in reverse, ie latest first.

Not sure what advantages two separate libraries can present as compared to multiple playlists or preparation lists within, again, a single all-encompassing track collection. OP what's your use case for multiple libraries, maybe there's a method you haven't looked at yet in Traktor?

I like fancy colours so I'd be down to see more cue point colours, but we would need a different way to differentiate cues vs beatgrids vs loop points. Big text labels (yes I know you can put in a label in the cue subscreen) and different marker icons perhaps?

• wayfinder

to the OP: it's probably easier to discuss stuff when there's just one thread for one suggestion. i'd love to get into how the cues could be made a lot better, but this thread is a place in which it would it would go into too much depth and be too hard to find. so it's probably better to make one thread per thing instead of a long list of wildly different things!

• wayfinder

If you can get sorting by # descending to work, PLEASE let me know how! thanks :)

• Wyley

Last time I checked (yesterday and today) you can sort by "import date"

Last time I checked (yesterday) you can store up to 32 cue points where the first 8 are performance/hotcues and the ones after are cue markers which you can scroll through and no they don't exactly work like the pioneer ones but if it's life and death that you need track markers they are there.

Case #1 how to check last added: sorting by import date.

Case #2 Cue point Galore.

These may not be exactly what you want but the options are there right?

• TeLLy

@Wyley dude I'm in the middle of a restore, can you check if you can sort a playlist by track number on it, and in reverse like you did above on import date? I admit I'm pretty baked most times I'm analyzing and could be remembering wrong.

• Wyley
    edited February 2022

The # sorts by how you ordered and added tracks to the playlist. If you add new tracks to the playlist they will always pop up, in the order you added them, at the bottom of the list until you manually reorder them to your liking. This is actually how I build up my playlists. If you're sorting by bpm or key it will change the playlist order the # brings it back to the original order. There no bottoms up sorting with the # only with import date.

• TeLLy

Cool, thanks I figured it wasn't as cut and dried as I thought. In the broader collection # is directly related to import date anyway, though this does not apply in a playlist as it reflects when the track was added to that list.

I've never had an issue finding tracks by import date regardless. There are enough search criteria in the database that even if you know the track had a word fragment in it you could track it down.

• Wyley

Traktor is good for finding the right tracks, practicing and putting them together quickly into sets. Then I export to engine dj which reads and converts the traktor data for use on my usb sticks. My playlist are mostly around 7-15 tracks with the mixtape ones being up to 100 tracks.

It's obvious Traktor needs an update to bring some things up to date although it has somethings that no other software has caught up with either.

I still can't understand how someone would painstakingly micro manage cues in tracks to where everything in it has to be anally tagged. It looks like it takes a lot of fun out of stuff doing it that way. Having fun with what you do trumps everything.

• wayfinder
    edited February 2022

Sorting by import date can also throw things out of whack if you import tracks again that have been part of a collection before, as they will retain the first import date. It is, however, the closest thing to # descending, and I've been using it for about a year now. For some reason I get a LOT more flickering than when sorting by # though.

• wayfinder

As for cues, different courses for different horses? No need to throw shade here. It's perfectly valid to want to be able to manage cues with a finer grain than you do.

This discussion has been closed.