How to assign effects to trigger with pads?

Rewaved
Rewaved Member Posts: 4 Member
edited February 27 in Mapping Traktor

Hello everyone!

I can not get to work effects on pads. I assign them to pads from setting, but when i try to play the track and use the effect is it off.

On the picture i push the pad where is assigned tape delay, it stays turned off.

How can i fix this?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Rewaved
    Answer ✓

I was looking in traktorbible.com i can not find anything about the mappinf effects to pads.🥴

• Wyley
    Wyley Member Posts: 239 Pro
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓

@Kaiwan_NI You're gonna make @Karlos Santos bald if he isn't already. 🤣

Midi mapping in traktor is the biggest rabbit hole and usually takes essays to explain just a pinch of it. That's why you won't see much people jumping in to these posts.

These should be a sticky #26, #101, #256 for anyone getting into Traktor mapping.

• c0nsul
    c0nsul Member Posts: 295 Pro

@Rewaved

To activate fx in group and single mode is different via midi commands.

In single mode use "Unit On" command. (AddIn -> FX Unit -> Unit On)

In group mode (like in your picture) use the corresponding (AddIn -> FX Unit ->) "Button1", "Button2", "Button3" command to active the fx.

The "Unit On" command doesn't do anything when you use group fx mode. While when you are in single fx mode, the "Button1", "Button2", "Button3" commands trigger each button on the single fx.

Hope, this helps. If you need more help, we need more information about your mapping. Many reasons can lead to a misbehaving mapping (like a modifier is active/inactive or set wrong).

To get into midi mapping with Traktor look for Ean Golden´s tutorials on YouTube or on djtechtool´s blog (older posts).

To find midi mappings go to https://maps.djtechtools.com

• Wyley

The fx mode is most likely what is happening. I was caught by this a few times when playing around. But we all know what questions will be next 🤣

@dj_estrela was the first to post about it and now it's buried. It's probably the best guide so far.

Here it is list-of-midi-mappings-tutorials

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

Hello,

what controller do you use, and if i understand you right you want to make your own template? Then maybe go to traktorbible.com best website for traktor mappings and help with makling them on your own.

Uwe

• Rewaved

I use Traktor S3, thanks i will check it out 🤟

• Rewaved
    Answer ✓

I was looking in traktorbible.com i can not find anything about the mappinf effects to pads.🥴

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Maybe our resident Traktor pro @Karlos Santos can jump in to see what might be the issue with the mappings? 😀

• Wyley

@Kaiwan_NI You're gonna make @Karlos Santos bald if he isn't already. 🤣

Midi mapping in traktor is the biggest rabbit hole and usually takes essays to explain just a pinch of it. That's why you won't see much people jumping in to these posts.

These should be a sticky #26, #101, #256 for anyone getting into Traktor mapping.

• c0nsul
    c0nsul Member Posts: 295 Pro

@Rewaved

To activate fx in group and single mode is different via midi commands.

In single mode use "Unit On" command. (AddIn -> FX Unit -> Unit On)

In group mode (like in your picture) use the corresponding (AddIn -> FX Unit ->) "Button1", "Button2", "Button3" command to active the fx.

The "Unit On" command doesn't do anything when you use group fx mode. While when you are in single fx mode, the "Button1", "Button2", "Button3" commands trigger each button on the single fx.

Hope, this helps. If you need more help, we need more information about your mapping. Many reasons can lead to a misbehaving mapping (like a modifier is active/inactive or set wrong).

To get into midi mapping with Traktor look for Ean Golden´s tutorials on YouTube or on djtechtool´s blog (older posts).

To find midi mappings go to https://maps.djtechtools.com

• Wyley

The fx mode is most likely what is happening. I was caught by this a few times when playing around. But we all know what questions will be next 🤣

@dj_estrela was the first to post about it and now it's buried. It's probably the best guide so far.

Here it is list-of-midi-mappings-tutorials

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

haha @Wyley beware I might make you bald instead if I change the target and start tagging you everywhere instead of Karlos and Jeremy 😂

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

Did you used the user mapping, and added those function like with any other midi controller in the mapping table, could be interesting for others maybe.

Uwe

• Patch
    Patch Member Posts: 227 Pro
    edited February 2022

Looks like the old forum posts that Wyley linked to have been deleted...

That's crazy...!