Busy season in progress... Please note that due to a high volume of requests, the response time from our support is currently longer than usual. Chat is temporarily not available. We thank you for your understanding.

Start keyboard with default knob values

melodic
melodic Member Posts: 3 Sine

Hi !

I'm the owner of a Komplete Kontrol A61 keyboard. I am learning to use it with a plugin host (Gig Performer, for what it's worth). I do NOT use Komplete Kontrol while playing, not even as a plugin.

Right now, the only usage i have for 1 knob is changing volume of a plugin. It works well, but every time i plug my keyboard, the knob value starts at 0 ; so i have to put it at the desired level, or the lesser variation on it will put my volume at 0 or so (although volume is saved fine on Gig Performer, on startup).

I managed to use Komplete Kontrol to give name and range to that knob using template editor, but there is no room for giving startup value.

Is there a way to do so ? Or (maybe better), a way to use my plugin host to soft-send a value to a knob (so i could set values automatically according to my setlist).

Thank you :)

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI BerlinCustomer Care Posts: 2,771 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @melodic Unfortunately there is, no setting a start value of a knob in the Komplete Kontrol application.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI BerlinCustomer Care Posts: 2,771 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @melodic Unfortunately there is, no setting a start value of a knob in the Komplete Kontrol application.

• melodic

Hi ! Thanks for your answer !

Any way to set a knob to a specific value from computer, with control change maybe ? I don't really see how i can use it to apply effect while playing, if i cannot set it correctly at the beginning of each song :/

(or maybe i don't conceive it properly ? Some other "workflow" would be better for modulating effects while playing live with a band ? )

• melodic

Hi @sumisa22 ! Thanks for your answer too ! If you can get any hint from your friend, i would be glad you let me know :D

Thanks again :)