Speed Up Sartup and disable plugin scanning

darkogav
darkogav Member Posts: 70 Member

Hi, anyone able to figure out how to speed up startup? I am on the latest patched version of Maschine. I disabled rescan checks in library and plugins preferences. It still takes a ridiculously long time to load. even when I haven't actually updated any plugins. It seems the software just ignores the unchecked and disabled "scan user content for changes" option.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 639 Pro
    edited January 2022

inside C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Maschine 2

make a copy of ScanPluginsApp_x64.exe (for backup purposes)

rename the ScanPluginsApp_x64.exe by putting a 1 in front of it making it 1ScanPluginsApp_x64.exe

this should prevent the app from scanning for any new plugins.. and reduce loading time

however if you add any new plugins... you will need to rename it back to the original file name and remove the 1

• Solncev_
    Solncev_ Member Posts: 40 Helper

OMG why did you keep this a secret for so long? 🤗

• Don1990
    Don1990 Member Posts: 66 Member

Pressing escape is ANOTHER workaround that they invented because apparently nobody on the NI team has ever heard of the USABILITY concept. AT LEAST give the option to disable, or rather ENABLE it. This ****** should be turned off from the start.

I have a computer science degree since 2012, this 'simple' concept called USABILITY is learning material we were taught in our first year of college as an computer science programmer. Pretty much all of NI's plugins/softwares lack this. So NI has some serious re-organisation to do when it comes to employees.