Z1 controller lights up when plugged in then immediately turns off

WesleyD
WesleyD Member Posts: 17 Member

I saw one other person post about this in the old forum with no response. What's going on here? My controller has worked before. All of a sudden it flashes quickly and then loses power. Did it just die? Nothing happened to it. It just won't stay on anymore. It's not connected to anything. I just try plugging it in and it works for less than one second.

Comments

• WesleyD

Could it be a dead adapter?

• WesleyD

So I bought a brand new authentic NI power supply. Same problem. I guess it's not the power supply. I've submitted another ticket after not hearing anything from the first one.

• DJkinver2022
    DJkinver2022 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

It will light up when first powered on, but wont light up again until traktor is opened. Does it pick it up on Native access??

• DJ Ellipsis
    DJ Ellipsis Member Posts: 3 Member

I have experienced the same problem, not sure why. Perhaps plugging the F1 in via USB to my laptop affected the Z1? Perhaps output routing settings not correct?

I've establised that even though the lights are out the sound is coming through the Z1 (both headphones and master output) however most of the sliders of knobs have no affect on the software.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on the cause/remedy...

• DJ Ellipsis

On my laptop: Hardware not shown on Native Access, but Traktor Pro 3 Full Version visible in software...

• DJ Ellipsis

WesleyD, by brute force I found that this gets the Z1 working again:

Preferences>Z1>Restore Default

Press [Restore]

Hopefully this helps you.

• diegovarela
    diegovarela Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

hello, that solution doesnt work. could anyone solve the problem? please i need help!!! it happens the same to me all of a sudden and i dont know how to fix it.

thanks.

• HowardIbiza
    HowardIbiza Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

I had a similar problem and discovered that there appears to be a different power output from the two usb sockets in my mac. I now always make sure that ZI is connected to the foremost of the two usb sockets. Also discovered that not all usb cables work maybe because they don't fit as tightly as they should - possible over use of sockets has degraded them.