Does removing the .plist file on the M1 Native Access build still remove it from your library?

towenaar
towenaar Member Posts: 3 Member
edited July 2022 in Native Access

I changed from the last Intel build to the M1 build and now removing the .plist files doesn't take them out of your Native Access library.

Is it now tied purely tied to serials registered to your account?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    Answer ✓

@towenaar With Native Access 1, when deleting the plist the product would be back in the not installed section so you can install it again. If you check in Native Access 2, the product is still at the same location in Native Access but you can now click on "Install". So, in the end it is the same.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI

Hey @towenaar What are you trying to achieve exactly ? It's a little unclear. On a M1 computer you should only be using the M1 build. After deleting the local plist file you should restart Native Access 2.

• towenaar

Hi @Jeremy_NI, in the past versions, removing the .plist file would remove the product from your Library in Native Access.

When I do that in the current version, the product remains even after restarting Native Access and my system.

The reason I was on the Intel version is because I had Native Access 1 before the M1 release and was never prompted to update and it worked completely fine, so I didn't have a reason to switch. Removing the .plist worked on that last Intel version I was on.

As an example, I've removed the file com.native-instruments.ANALOG BRASS AND WINDS.plist, but as you can see it remains in my library:

• towenaar
    edited July 2022

So I suppose I'm asking if removing the .plist file is still supposed to remove it from your Native Access Library or not.

It seems like in the new version it references your Native Access account to display what you have installed rather than just checking your local machine's /Library/Preferences folder for the .plist files as it did in Native Access 1.

All in all not a huge deal if this is how it functions now and I don't need a solution. I was just curious because removing the .plist the in past would remove it from the Library which was nice and tidy.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@towenaar With Native Access 1, when deleting the plist the product would be back in the not installed section so you can install it again. If you check in Native Access 2, the product is still at the same location in Native Access but you can now click on "Install". So, in the end it is the same.