Can't put sounds in Favorites

Milamu
Milamu Member Posts: 4 Member
edited July 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Since yesterday in all my NI instruments I cannot put a sound to the favorites list.

Nothing happens, when I click on the star icon.

Thanks for any help, Mike

OSX 11.6.8, all NI latest version

Comments

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 357 Pro

Do you mean in the Komplete Kontrol software?

• Milamu

In Komplete Kontrol software, in Massive X, in Battery and so on.

No matter, if standalone or plugin.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @Milamu can you double-check if you've given a full disc access to all NI products?

• Milamu

Yes full disc access to NI products!

• gitpush
    gitpush Member Posts: 2 Member

I'm having the same issue! It seems like the favorites.db3 file was corrupted. I removed my favorites.db3 file to generate a new copy, which allowed me to use the favorite feature again. This of course discards any previously saved instruments, so I suggest keeping a backup of the file in case a fix becomes available.

The fact that this was reported so recently makes me suspect that a recent product update might have caused this bug.

• Milamu

Thanks for your post, I could restore that favorites.db3 file from a Time Machine backup,

so now it's working again.

• sevdahbaby
    sevdahbaby Member Posts: 27 Member

Hey guys,

Same problem here, thanks for the solution. For the time being, I resurrected a version of favorites.db3 from May 21st, via Time Machine, which for me seems to be the last version before the latest KK update... I hope they will make a fix in the next update.

This is my original post if some moderator wants to connect them:

Cheers!

• sevdahbaby
    sevdahbaby Member Posts: 27 Member

Hello guys, this problem is back again for me... I spent hours and hours listening through new sounds, setting favourites and now I can't set new ones and also can't see the favourites when I click on the main star icon (above the presets list). The favourites appear only when I select a specific library. The only solution is to delete the existing favourites.db file and start fresh, which means I totally wasted my time setting the favourites in the first place... any idea on the solution?