Activating Skanner in NA?

Kymeia
Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert
edited June 2022 in Native Access

In the past I've always had Skanner in NA as well as Skanner XT but I can't seem to see Skanner anymore. The problem is I want to be able to use the Reaktor ensemble 'A Skanner Darkly', which is a mod of the original Skanner (not XT) but it's refusing to open, asking for a Skanner activation and the Skanner XT activation doesn't seem to be enough. I even tried entering the Skanner serial in NA and it was accepted but it still won't show, and therefore also won't activate

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Kymeia
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓

OK support are not helping, they just say Skanner is longer supported, that is ridiculous because Skanner XT is and it is an upgraded Skanner so why not just make it work for the Skanner license too?

Anyway I figured out a 'hack' of sorts that solves the problem - I copied the Skanner plist file from a disk clone I took before I had to do a clean install of Big Sur (as my update failed) over to 'Preferences' and it fooled NA into thinking I have it installed, after having already entered my serial for it.

Answers

• dub one
    dub one Member Posts: 11 Member

I also am anxious to be able to use this again.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    edited June 2022

@Kymeia For this, you would need to get in touch with my colleagues here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_install

• Kymeia

Thankyou but that takes me to the NA download page, who do I contact please?

• Jeremy_NI
  • Kymeia
    edited June 2022

Thanks. :)

Hopefully they can sort it - really this could easily be resolved if the Skanner XT license was inclusive of Skanner as well (as it should be really as it was an upgrade of Skanner)

• Kymeia
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓

OK support are not helping, they just say Skanner is longer supported, that is ridiculous because Skanner XT is and it is an upgraded Skanner so why not just make it work for the Skanner license too?

Anyway I figured out a 'hack' of sorts that solves the problem - I copied the Skanner plist file from a disk clone I took before I had to do a clean install of Big Sur (as my update failed) over to 'Preferences' and it fooled NA into thinking I have it installed, after having already entered my serial for it.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited July 2022

@Kymeia Sorry, it seems there is not a workaround for Skanner yet, other than the one you found by yourself. We might be able to provide one, if there is more demand for it. I might get in touch with you later about that if it's cool. Would you have a link for that A Skanner Darkly ensemble ? I looked for it in the Reaktor user library, without success, and when I google it, I just get a lot of Keanu Reeves, obviously!