Looking to get the 'infinite/freeze' reverb effect

SeanJackson
SeanJackson Member Posts: 5 Member

Hi all, I'm considering getting traktor pro3 but wondered if it's possible to use an effect plugin such as as the ones from Audio Damage such as Infinite Reverb (below) or is it possible to achieve this type of effect with what effects are already on board with traktor? I would be interested to know what effect plugins are possible if the one below is not if anyone can give me a steer here please?

Tagged:

Comments

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

It does not appear the Tracktor Pro3 allows for use of 3rd party plugins...This is based on what I read in the Manual. The included reverb does have a "Freeze" function.

• SeanJackson

Thanks, i bought traktor and will find the freeze function soon hopefully.

Am I right in thinking that the native instruments reverb effect RAUM can be used within traktor do you know please?

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @SeanJackson Raum is a DAW plugin and can't be used with Traktor sorry..

• SeanJackson

thanks for clarifying that. I am still looking for an 'infinite' reverb type effect to use within or attached to traktor.

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    edited June 2022

Here is what the manual says about the Reverb that is included with TP3

17.2. Reverb Classic Reverb with extreme room sizes, individual low and high pass filter controls, and Freeze function.

Single Mode

• HP: High Pass filter in the effect loop—fully open when turned to the left.

• LP: Low Pass filter in the effect loop—fully open when turned to the right.

• SIZE: Controls the size of the added reverb, ranging from small to vast room sizes.

• FRZ (Freeze): Freezes the Reverb by closing the input and leaving the output open

I believe "Freeze" is the same as "Infinite" as stated in the video you posted.

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 566 Pro
  • SeanJackson
    edited June 2022

I have a pair of Rane 12 decks as controllers with a PX5 mixer. I think the effect i'm looking to produce uses a fraction of a beat for the freeze effect, much less than a typical 1/4 beat that might get used for echo/reverb/delay effects, like hitting a single snare in a swimming pool envrionment type of sound -this moment on the video is what i'm trying to get near with traktor effects: https://youtu.be/HqAjYiZ1vm0?t=99 (am I hoping for too much do you think?) :-)

Im still getting to grips with traktor as a newbie so don't know what i'm doing yet really. This video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRg0fXlYYDI shows the controls available to me in traktor but it uses 1/4 length beats i think - whereas i'd need a fraction of a 1/4 beat with a massive room sound to achieve what im looking for.

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod

You could use DelayT3 FX. Engage Button 3 (Frequency Range) and then turn Knob 3 to the right for ever shorter delays. Button 2 engages the Freeze. With Knob 2 you can adjust the resonance.

• SeanJackson

many thanks Sûlherokhh, this was exactly what i was looking to create, it's just a matter of some tweaking now. cheers