GUI is sluggish, too many elements?

Options
Reid115
Reid115 Member Posts: 47 Member

(Sorry for spamming lately, got a lot of questions...)

I have a script with roughly 600 ui elements; about 250 elements are visible at any given time. I think because of the sheer quantity of elements, the GUI takes a lot longer to refresh than a script with few elements. The issue is not a bulky listener. This issue persists when CPU is 0% and nothing is happening. I've tried to widdle down the issue and it just seems to slowly go away as I slowly remove more and more elements. This is really frustrating because I have a slider for setting a couple different cursors over a waveform, and the slider/cursors move in a very jittery/sluggish way when I kinda need smooth precision. Moving knobs is also sluggish. Is there anything I can do to make the general GUI refresh faster? Are there any particular ui elements that cause slowing more than others? Any relevant info is greatly appreciated. The script is pretty complicated and I can't really think of any other way to design the interface to have significantly less elements without greatly weakening the workflow.

Answers

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    Options

How many ui_waveforms do you have?

• Reid115
    Reid115 Member Posts: 47 Member
    Options

Only 1. It's all knobs, sliders, value edits, switches, and menus. Basically many many iterations of this:

For some reason today it's not doing it, and I have no idea why. I haven't changed anything. I spent all day yesterday trying to figure out what the issue was and literally the only thing that made a difference was removing more and more elements. I know it's not a computer issue because I tested other instruments yesterday at the same time and they were working fine. Bit of a head-scratcher... 😐️