Busy season in progress... Please note that due to a high volume of requests, the response time from our support is currently longer than usual. Chat is temporarily not available. We thank you for your understanding.

Random key change

electroRogue
electroRogue Member Posts: 8 Sine

I havn't nailed down the exact cause, but .. sometimes when loading a song into deck B, C, D it will suddenly change the key of the song currently playing in deck A... Extreamlly annoying and ruins the mix. Anyone sharing this behavior ?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Ryan_NI
    Ryan_NI BerlinCustomer Care Posts: 191 mod
    Answer ✓

hey @electroRogue - not sure what might be causing this, but it might be worth giving this a shot:

1. Quit Traktor and disconnect your devices.
    2. Navigate to the following folder:
    3. Win: C: > Users > *Username* > My Documents > Native Instruments > Traktor *x.x.x*
    4. Move the files called Traktor Settings.tsi and collection.nml onto your desktop.
    5. Restart Traktor.

Let me know how it goes! if you need to re-import your collection after:

How to Restore the TRAKTOR Track Collection from a Backup

Answers

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI BerlinAdministrator Posts: 989 admin

Isn't it because of some sync options like Master Tempo activated on the track you're loading?

The deck A tempo would then adjust to the loaded track.

• Stevan
    Stevan MIDIMember Posts: 356 Saw

What controller/mapping do you use? Can you check for possible mapping issue?

Sounds like Preserve pitch is mapped to load buttons.

• electroRogue

Master tempo is never activated on Track A, my workflow means its always set to sync, the controller is a s3, the control mapping I'm using for the s3 have never been changed. Its the default, I do have an extra notovation nocturn that is purely set up to use effetcs

• electroRogue

To eleberate, decks A,B,C,D are all set to sync, Master tempo is set at the very top under the BPM, whats puzzaling, is the is a random occurance, thinking a mapping is an issue, would mean it's ALWAYS an issue, most of the time I drag n drop tracks via the mouse, sometimes I will use a load button, if I'm more into the moment but can't remeber it making a diffrence or causing / avoiding the effect, only track A is effected. Never any of the others.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI BerlinAdministrator Posts: 1,616 admin

@Ryan_NI Do you have insights what might have caused this?

• Ryan_NI
    Ryan_NI BerlinCustomer Care Posts: 191 mod
    Answer ✓

hey @electroRogue - not sure what might be causing this, but it might be worth giving this a shot:

1. Quit Traktor and disconnect your devices.
    2. Navigate to the following folder:
    3. Win: C: > Users > *Username* > My Documents > Native Instruments > Traktor *x.x.x*
    4. Move the files called Traktor Settings.tsi and collection.nml onto your desktop.
    5. Restart Traktor.

Let me know how it goes! if you need to re-import your collection after:

How to Restore the TRAKTOR Track Collection from a Backup