Track ID tag cannot be read.

Gazlights
Gazlights Member Posts: 2 Member
edited January 2022 in Traktor Software & Hardware

Yes this again, seems to be lots of discussion about this online.

Annoying red flashing error status about tracks 'failed to read ID3 Tag'

Every track is there and works but no matter what I do I can't get rid of this every time I open the software and navigate to a particular folder.

Any ideas?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,661 mod
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓

Isolate the tracks that show up (one by one, and you have to read quickly), open file with a tag editor, change ID3 tag type and save the file. You may want to make a safety copy of the file first. You can also open the file with a track editor (i use Audacity) and recompress the file, along with a new ID3. The last option will of course take more time.

I usually don't bother with it since i switch off the INFO line in the preferences when performing.

Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,661 mod
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓

Isolate the tracks that show up (one by one, and you have to read quickly), open file with a tag editor, change ID3 tag type and save the file. You may want to make a safety copy of the file first. You can also open the file with a track editor (i use Audacity) and recompress the file, along with a new ID3. The last option will of course take more time.

I usually don't bother with it since i switch off the INFO line in the preferences when performing.

• Jay.Dub
    Jay.Dub Member Posts: 12 Member

This is bugging the hell out of me; gonna try your suggestion now.

• Jay.Dub
    Jay.Dub Member Posts: 12 Member

YES! This works! You beauty!

I used Fission to open a batch of files, and literally just saved them, closed, next.

And it worked.

Audacity wouldn't open m4a files, but Fission does.