Tempo issue when switching decks A/C or B/D

Pandahomies
Pandahomies Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited February 27 in Mapping Traktor

When I'm playing on my S3 in deck A and want to switch to deck C, I have to press "shift" button on the S3 to not make a huge jump on BPMs if tempo in track A was all the way up and tempo in track C was all the way down. I'd like to make the programme to remail still in the tempo fader until I move the tempo fader in my S3 to the position it is in the programme. Is this possible?

When using sync appears the same problem I guess.

Thank you

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod
    Answer ✓

You will need to override the factory mapping.

Add In --> Deck Common --> Tempo Adjust and make sure that the "Soft Takeover" option is ticked.

Additionally, you will need a modifier mapped to your Deck Select buttons so that the command (mapped to tempo faders) can "know" which deck is selected.

Answers

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

@Ryan_NI Do you have insights whether this is possible?

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod
    Answer ✓

You will need to override the factory mapping.

Add In --> Deck Common --> Tempo Adjust and make sure that the "Soft Takeover" option is ticked.

Additionally, you will need a modifier mapped to your Deck Select buttons so that the command (mapped to tempo faders) can "know" which deck is selected.

• DJBoni
    DJBoni Member Posts: 39 Member
    edited October 2022

I want to be able to use "Soft Takeover" with my Pioneer XDJ-700.

I'm using traktor 3.5.3 and cant' find the way to override the factory mapping.

I've already started this topic in June > Overmap the XDJ-700 with TRAKTOR PRO 3, but still no clue how to do it.