Maschine crash and corrupt project file or??

Raygunomics
Raygunomics Member Posts: 5 Member
edited May 2022 in Maschine

Hello, for the first time Maschine has completely crashed on me. It would not recover the session and this was since the latest update. any time I try to load the project I was working on Maschine immediately crashes.

Likely no way to retrieve this project or components of it I gather. Too bad as this has luckily never happened before. Of course when I tried to open Maschine again it would not open as it was trying to open the last project which would in turn make it crash. I finally figured out to open maschine directly from a different project. WHat a headache but at least it opens now

Running Windows 10 with latest Maschine update, just curious if others have had similiar issues since the 2.15 update?

Thx

Raygun

Tagged:

Comments

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,302 Expert
    edited May 2022

Sorry to hear you lost a project despite of the Auto Save feature.

Please file a bug report using the the Maschine support form/wizard and try to find the corrupted project file. Maybe @D-One can help you with that, I'm still on 2.14 and on Mac.

This should be looked into by the developers!

PS: Additionally tagging @Matt_NI @Jeremy_NI @Kaiwan_NI

• Raygunomics

Thank you I have submitted a ticket in this matter. I have the corrupt project file if they want to see it as well.

It was strange as I have never had an issue before this.

Regan

Additionally tagging @Matt_NI @Jeremy_NI @Kaiwan_NI

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @Raygunomics Maschine version 2.15.1 has just been released. Can you try it out if to see if it helps with the crash?

• Raygunomics

Hi, yes I tried that already hoping that may do the track but no, instant crash.

If you want I can send you the project file, not sure if that would help at all? Thanks

Raygun

• basehead617
    basehead617 Member Posts: 128 Advisor

you can send files as part of making a ticket, you should have already done so

• Raygunomics

opps, I guess I missed that. I will re-submit then, thanks for the heads up, apprecited

• Raygunomics
    edited May 2022

Just wanted to say that Phillip with the NI team figured out what exactly was crashing maschine and he got me a useable project file back. Great work and great service!! You guys ROCK

Regan (Happy NI customer) :)

tagging @Matt_NI @Jeremy_NI 

Philipp P. @ NI @Kaiwan_NI

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Thanks for the update @Raygunomics

In case other users come across this post in the future, the issue turns out to be some conflicting track using Pharlight. Once it's removed, the project is no longer corrupted.