Can't get my Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2 to output sound when using it with Maschine Studio

DJ Go-iLL
DJ Go-iLL Member Posts: 19 Member

Hi I'm having trouble getting my S88 to output sound when using it with the Maschine Studio on my Macbook Pro that is running macOS Big Sur 11.16.1. I recently started running Avid Protools with an Apollo Twin X in my studio setup. When I load an instrument it loads but when I press the keys nothing happens. Here are my preferences:

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,534 Expert

Try press the MIDI button on the keyboard then press the PLUGIN button. I have a similar issue where the keyboard is sending on channel 2 for some reason and need to do this to "reset" it or whatever, works after that. May help you.

• DJ Go-iLL
    DJ Go-iLL Member Posts: 19 Member

That does not solve the issue JesterMgee that is something Im familiar with. I can't get any sound out of the keyboard when paired with the maschine studio. I recently started recording in Protools and think it may have some conflict with that software. I use an Apollo Twin X as my interface in my setup and I'm running Big Sur on my 2020 MacBook Pro.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod

sorry for the late reply, do you maybe have created a midi template via komplete kontrol, splits or whatever? I don´t own that keyboard myself but my a49 has also the issue, that if i have a template used with midi ch set to something other then 1 i have to load the template with midi ch 1, then it works. You could use a midi monitor software and look if there is something comming through s88 port 1 and 2, and if yes then what exactly.

• Eason
    Eason Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I have the same issues. I can pre hear an inst in the S88 but once loaded, no sound from the keys. No problem at all from the mk3+.

this is a new development 🤷‍♂️

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod
    edited January 5

Can you show us some pictures of the midi settings, and habe you tried a midi monitor app?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@Eason What's your operating system? Where is this happening? In Komplete Kontrol in standalone, on the Maschine sofware? Only in your DAW? What DAW is it?