Tempo issues when slicing samples

Paul 728
Paul 728 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited May 2022 in Maschine

Hi I am really new to using the Maschine Mk3, I have a tempo of 95bpm set on the project, I load in an external sample with an original tempo of 135bpm. If I have the sample in Audio mode I have the option of re-pitch, stretch and formant. However, if I go into sample mode with the intention of slicing that sample up to use the tempo changes (Undesirably) and I don't see any options to change this. Is there a way of changing this?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey Paul, not sure if that's the answer you are looking for, but if you want to slice this sample in the tempo of the project, you would need to load the sample in the audio module, time stretch it to the new tempo, then open the sampler module, do your slices. You will have the opportunity to change the pitch on each slice once they are done.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Hey Paul, not sure if that's the answer you are looking for, but if you want to slice this sample in the tempo of the project, you would need to load the sample in the audio module, time stretch it to the new tempo, then open the sampler module, do your slices. You will have the opportunity to change the pitch on each slice once they are done.

• Paul 728

Hi Jeremy, thank you for your response, I have tried your suggestion. I find that when I load the sample into the audio module I can time stretch fine but then when I open the sampler module the time stretching has gone and the sample reverts back to how it originally sounded. Using rep itch on the slices isn't quite getting the desired tempo. I have also tried slicing up samples, then changing those samples individually to Audio mode which works with the tempo issues but when it comes to playing and recording in those samples on the Maschine mk3 in pad mode I just get an audio wave that runs the entire length of the arrange page, with no options to edit that length.

• Jeremy_NI

I'm sorry, I might have confused you. My bad, if you want to stretch and slice, you should do all that in the Sampler module. In Edit mode you have a stretch otion:

It will stretch the loop to the tempo of the project, then you can do the slices.

The audio module stretches the loops automatically, it's more for stacking loops, maybe this video helps:

• Paul 728

Hi Jeremy, thank you for all your help. I actually stumbled upon a video tutorial yesterday which explained this. It has saved my issue, but again thank you for all of your help on this matter.