Installing multiple libraries in one go..

Halfdane
Halfdane Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited May 2022 in Native Access

Hi there,

In the process of setting up my new Mac Studio from scratch - and wondering whether there's a way to install my 200+ libraries at once instead of the tedious process of one-by-one ?

When done with this, I have to repeat the process on my old cheese grater, so quite a lot of annoying work...

I know that you can do this on PC by adding your old .reg file, but couldn't find any info on Mac..

thx

Halfdan

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
    Answer ✓

There's no workaround for this unfortunately, you'll have to go through the Native Access way and install one by one. But you can still make a first round with the products you use the most, and possibly squeeze out some products you don't use eventually.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

what version of Native Access are you using? 1 or 2? Version 1 has an "Install All" button on the "Not Installed" page. Note that it has been widely reported that doing an "Install All" can fail for a variety of reasons that then require you to restart the process.

• Nico_NI
    Answer ✓

There's no workaround for this unfortunately, you'll have to go through the Native Access way and install one by one. But you can still make a first round with the products you use the most, and possibly squeeze out some products you don't use eventually.

• Halfdane

@Blindeddie: on the latest version of Access, and I know that button - unfortunately it not just installs but downloads every single library again. As I have all of them on my drive already, it's not an ideal option...

@Nico: as you're actually part of NI, could you let aybody in the organisation know that this feature is really needed ?

I have around 330 libraries - I can probably locate and install 3 libs in a minute, so that will cost me 100 minutes, a sore wrist and hand and possibly neck pains. When I'm done, I've got my old Mac Pro to initialise and do the same with. And some where in the future, I'll skip the rust drives and go for sdd's - and then I'll have to do it again on multiple computers.

This should be an easy thing to build into next update and I'm certain every NI Komplete owner is dying for this feature.

Cheers

H

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert
    edited May 2022

@Halfdane

on the latest version of Access, and I know that button - unfortunately it not just installs but downloads every single library again. As I have all of them on my drive already, it's not an ideal option...

It has been 1.5 year since K13 release. So, most of plugins have been updated and need to be downloaded either entirely or just update patches...

What NA does, IMHO, is that it uses installation disc when appropriate and downloads just patches. And in other cases it probably downloads the full installation file....

I may be wrong, or there might be a bug in certain NA app. I do not know.

If "Install all" does not work for you, you may press install for several plugins/instruments at the same time. It will make row and while one is being installed, one, two are downloaded and the rest waiting. It works fine.

I usually prepare batch of 5-10 big ones several times and for the small and numerous ones I then use "Install all". It works fine, at least on Windows.

• Halfdane

Hi Kubrak,

I'll check tat out

thanks

Best

Halfdan

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    edited May 2022

unfortunately locate one at a time is the only option.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

I see, on Win it works OK. I did it few days ago and no problem.

• Nico_NI

I'll definitely bring this up to the Native Access team for eventual future improvements.

• Ryan Flynn
    Ryan Flynn Member Posts: 2 Member

That's really a shame, I have a 10gb fiber connection in my studio. Downloading one 25+gb thing at a time means it takes days instead of an hour. please fix this NI!