S4MK3 & S3: Performance MOD (qml coding)

Comments

• pixel
    pixel Member Posts: 148 Advisor
    edited June 7

edit:

@VityaT

I loaded your TSI file and found no errors in the S3 mod functions (the snapshot works too). So why do you say it doesn't work? Which mod features don't work?

As I see in your TSI file, the FX Select 1-4 buttons are used (and many more like [Amount][ON] C, A, B, D), but my mod uses these buttons, but of course the QML has -Code priority. You no longer have the option to assign these yourself in the mapping tool.

The S3 Mod also works after installing the TSI file

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 2,544 mod

Hello fans and friends of the NI-controller mods we've all been working on!

I want to note that if you are using any of the community mods for S4, S3 and X1 controllers, you are always very welcome to post AARs where any of the new features saw some action, maybe even with some clips where you show off.

If there are any new features that have malfunctions or that are difficult to incorporate into your workflow, this is also the opportunity to suggest improvements.

Are any Traktor features missing from the mods that you would really like to see?

Looking forward to reading your feedback.

On the books: → An update for all mods to incorporate the new features that will be in the next Traktor update, whatever they turn out be 😁. I am already in the process of privately adapting the code to the new stuff, so there will be no public code changes to the mod until the software updates hit Native Access.

• pixel

I look forward to when we can all enjoy the update. Where can I find out about any changes after the update is complete?
    I wanted to ask you whether the test version is a beta or an alpha, pre-alpha?

• Sûlherokhh

You can go look for the Roadmap or any post by Friedman_NI to find out what they are probably working on. Either way, it's closed so you will have to sit on your hands for a while … :p

• pixel
    edited June 29

@Sûlherokhh I thought after your post that the update will be released soon?😉
    It's not bad, it's summer break now anyway.🌞

edit: Apparently I can now edit all my posts here without any time restrictions... I think it's great🤗

I could always include the S3 updates on the first page of my first post🤔

• Sûlherokhh

@pixel wrote:

@Sûlherokhh I thought after your post that the update will be released soon?😉

I wrote 'An update for all mods to incorporate the new features that will be in the next Traktor update, whatever they turn out be 😁'.

I should have added: 'and whenever it turns out to be ready.' 🤣

I could always include the S3 updates on the first page of my first post🤔

You were going to make a separate S3-mod thread, right?

Enjoy the sun. Feels like we never had a more hot and wet summer in germany than 2024. ☀️🌦️🌞

• pixel

No, what I meant was that I can now edit all of my posts without a 5 hour deadline, so I can include S3 mod updates in my first post without having to spam the entire topic. Then you just need to include this one post from me.
    without having to constantly edit your post.
    I hope you understood me.😁

🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞

• Sûlherokhh
  • pixel
    edited July 3

I could add the updates here in the post🙂

EDIT:

What I would imagine would be great if there was a sub-forum here for general programming and for code snippets and general programming information and tutorials (qml & js). or via programming environments such as Visual Studio Code (plugins such as Live Share for collaborative coding)🙂
    I can well imagine that there would be great projects with the community in such a subforum.
    With a subforum like this it would be easier and more interesting for some people to get into the programming world and you don't have to reinvent the wheel every time.
    As your list Traktor Commends.txt, this should be pinned first.😁

If my idea is nonsense or unnecessary, that's okay with me.^^

• pARty_bOy
    pARty_bOy Member Posts: 139 Pro

hello! Just found this post! Is there any mod for the kontrol D2 ? Thanks

• Sûlherokhh

Look here: LINK.

The forum search function is also more than adequate to find all relevant posts. Search is your friend! Go use it! 😎

• pARty_bOy
    edited July 11

thanks Sûlherokhh! downloaded the MODs from Patreon, testing, I guess your EDIT MOD works only in Traktor 3.4?
    any other cool stuff to download from Patreon??

• Sûlherokhh

Works up to 3.8 i think, right before NI's graphix update version.

I postponed updating to a later version because a) i would need to apply a few years worth of code to the latest much changed version of Supreme, b) the latest changes to both Supreme and Traktor where not vital to my workflow and even introduced more bugs and a higher CPU workload.

So i have decided to wait until a worthy version of Traktor and a Supreme update to match it where out. And now i realize i also need a faster laptop… :p

• pARty_bOy
    edited July 11

I sent you a cofee today, for the QML you shared with me in the past, thanks

If you can, in a future update, could you please implement the “loop recorder” in D2 mappings?

• Sûlherokhh

There are no qml commands for it. Loop Rec control assignments can only be implemented by overmapping using the controller manager. I can do the latter, but it will override any qml assignments for the chosen control elements. I don't recommend this for the D2 where all controls are precious. Better to have this either on keys of the keyboard or use a few knobs and buttons of a midi controller like K2 or something even smaller. DJ TechTools had a nice one for this a decade ago, with 4 or 5 buttons that could be fastened to a corner of a record player.

Thank you for your support. I'll continue trying to implement any good idea coming this way. :)