S4MK3 & S3: Performance MOD (qml coding)

Comments

• VityaT
    VityaT Member Posts: 40 Helper

Snapshot function makes inconvenience only on Traktor startup when i need to switch FXs off. Only this

• pixel
    pixel Member Posts: 148 Advisor
    edited June 1

Which keys do you use the snapshot on? There is no snapshot integrated in the S3 mod

If I have time this evening I will quickly integrate the standard snapshot function for you so that you don't have any problems. But first I have to think about where in the menu I can put it

edit: I looked in Sûlherokhh list (Traktor Commands), but unfortunately I didn't find anything about snapshot. When I find more time I'll create my own snapshot function, I can't help you quickly, unless Sûlherokhh has a tip for me

Can you upload your .tsi file so that I can understand the problem?

• pixel
    edited June 1

I once did it for you so that the FX is off automatically after the traktor restarts, maybe you're okay with that?

• pixel
    edited June 2

@Sûlherokhh, I solved it differently.^^
    I tested this and it works.

@VityaT, I'll make a video later and upload the S3 mod (with FX snapshot), I made it so that when saving and loading the loops also stop :)

AppProperty { id: fx_load; path: "app.traktor.fx." + fxSelectToggleProp.value + ".load" }
    AppProperty { id: fx_store; path: "app.traktor.fx." + fxSelectToggleProp.value + ".store" }

• pixel

Here is the video already

S3 (FX Snapshot)

• pixel
    edited June 2

S3 Performance Mod V10.1.0:

"I have updated my files (Traktor Kontrol S3)" 😃

Deck features:

• Jogwheel Beatcounter LED
    • VinylBreak (SHIFT+PLAY)
    • Jogwheel LED PhaseMeter (SHIFT+DECK+MOVE_TOUCH+LOOP_TOUCH)
    • DeckUnload (only at deck stop) (SHIFT+GRID+LOOP_TOUCH)
    • scratchBlink (play button)
    • Sync Tap: BPM is set to Master BPM aka TempoSync. Sync is not activated. If Sync is already active it will be turned off.
    • Sync Hold (>0.2sec): Sync Toggle. If Sync status is released, Tempo is reset to +/- 0%.
    • Sync LED Feedback: BRIGHT when Sync is activated. - GREEN (Tempo & Phase in sync, both with tiny error margins for beat juggling), - LIME (Tempo in sync but out of phase), RED (not in sync & out of phase)
    • (SHIFT+Sync) Tap: Deck TempoMaster toggle (ON/OFF).
    • (SHIFT+Sync) Hold (>0.2sec): Master Clock AUTO toggle.
    • (SHIFT) Sync LED Feedback: BRIGHT GREEN (deck is TempoMaster), - LIME (Master Clock AUTO is not active, deck is not TempoMaster), RED (Master Clock AUTO is active, deck is not TempoMaster)
    • Hold DECK (A, B, C or D) + Loop Encoder (Turn): Adjust GUI zoom factor. (Push Encoder) to reset to -0.75
    • Hold DECK (A, B, C or D) + Move Encoder (Turn): Cycle through all 17 deck colours! (Push Encoder) to reset.

Track/Stem deck features:

• Loop-In: (SHIFT+GRID) (GRID button (lights up, Color Green))
    • Loop-Out: (SHIFT+JOG) (when loop active: (JOG, GRID button flashes Green))
    • Jogwheel Turn: (while in active Loop) hold (SHIFT+GRID) or (SHIFT+JOG) (or both) to adjust Loop-In or Loop-Out (or both) with the Jog Wheel. Jogwheel LEDs turns green.)
    • Move Encoder Turn: (while in active Loop) hold (SHIFT+GRID) or (SHIFT+JOG) (or both) to adjust Loop-In or Loop-Out (or both) by exactly 1 beat.

Mixer channel features:

• DeckTypeSwitch (Deck: A,B,C SHIFT+EXT) Cycles through 1-3 deck types, as long as the corresponding deck is not playing (Track Deck ➔ Remix Deck ➔ Stem Deck ➔ Track Deck). (Deck: D SHIFT+EXT) Cycles through all deck types, as long as the corresponding deck is not playing (Track Deck ➔ Remix Deck ➔ Stem Deck ➔ Live Deck ➔ Track Deck).
    • Switch MIC D - LINE (EXT) (automatically switches Deck D type to Live Input)

Browser features:

• Preview Button: Can be used both in HOLD as well as TOGGLE modes. As long as the Preview Player is loaded, the Browse Encoder seeks through the track. Loading a track into a deck will now also unload the Preview Player.
    • View Button: HOLD button to use as (SHIFT) for Browse Encoder only, as well as TOGGLE browser view.
    • SHIFT+View: Toggle original Jogwheel behaviour (i.e. Jogwheel does not scroll playlist, has White colour, turns when track is playing and allows pitchbending and scratching). Setting will be saved between sessions.
    • Jogwheel Browsing (VIEW-JOGWHEEL) (Big Jumps (VIEW)-(SHIFT+JOGWHEEL))

FX features:

• Assign the FX devices to the respective deck
      • Activate a deck on each side (A-C, B-D), hold Shift and start the assignment, the button of the activated deck flashes, the FX Select buttons 1-4 take on the color of the deck, select this by pressing Shift + FX 1-4, the activated assignment starts flashing
    • Activation of FX mode
      • Press Shift+Filter(white) button, if FX mode is active the filter button flashes, press FX Select 1-4 for device mapping the selection lights up
      • You can choose between single (blue) and group (dark orange) mode by pressing the filter button
      • To exit FX mode press Shift+Filter
      • The respective On button and the control above it correspond to the respective order of the device
    • Control of the selection boxes for the FX device
      • To select the respective Select Box, hold down the respective On button and turn the browser encoder to navigate
    • FX Snapshot (Save & Load)
      • Save, press and hold the (ON[D] button), the active FX selection button turns Red and press the button
      • Load, press and hold the (ON[B] button), the active FX selection button turns Green and press the button
    • Play mode activation and active
      • To assign the device, select FX button 1-4, press and hold the desired button to activate- all on buttons turn green
      • To exit Play Mode, press the active FX Select button
      • To stop and start the recorded loop, press the desired green On button, if it is active it lights up
      • When a loop is active, amount is disabled, except in record mode
    • Rec mode and recording
      • To activate Rec mode, press and hold the desired On button (1-4) while you are in Play mode, it will turn red
      • To start the recording, select the respective On button, it flashes and turn the amount. To finish, press the On button again, the recording starts automatically in a loop, If you hold down the ON button to exit, you will return to play mode
      • To end the recording function, press and hold the respective on buttons; they will turn green again (Play mode)
      • You can always start recording again, the running loop will be stopped

!!! During all this you can also switch between the individual devices with FX Select 1-4
    !!! When you have left Play mode, the respective On button flashes
    !!! If FX 3-4 is disabled, select 4 FX units in the Traktor software
    !!! If you switch between single and group mode or change the select fields while a loop is active, it will stop automatically

Other changes:

• MixerFX 4 colour changed from YELLOW to LIME (better visibility and difference to Filter's LIGHTORANGE).
    • Standard deck colors (A, B): Turquoise, (C, D): DarkOrange
    • "Preview", "Favorite", "Preparation", and "View" Button now also have the Deck Color

"Big thanks goes to Sûlherokhh,

(If you think the mod is great, please send him a coffee)"

Update: FX Snapshot (Save & Load)

Please create a backup of the original files

• VityaT
    edited June 5

Hello!
    This doesn't work.
    I think it's because of the "Store Preset" function in mapping i use.
    My mapping is actually Eleztrico's mapping with some my edits. Original mapping with video you can see here https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/12217
    It contents one button FX function. They become available by pressing "Samples" button on the S3. First press - first page with FX on 1-4 pads and loop roll on 5-8 pads
    Second press - second page with FX on all pads.
    If you import my mapping and press all one button fx pads at list once and then restart Trktor then you can see what i mean about FX on Traktor startup. I hope :)

• pixel

S3 Performance Mod V10.2.0:

"I have updated my files (Traktor Kontrol S3)" 😃

Deck features:

• Jogwheel Beatcounter LED
    • VinylBreak (SHIFT+PLAY)
    • Jogwheel LED PhaseMeter (SHIFT+DECK+MOVE_TOUCH+LOOP_TOUCH)
    • DeckUnload (only at deck stop) (SHIFT+GRID+LOOP_TOUCH)
    • scratchBlink (play button)
    • Sync Tap: BPM is set to Master BPM aka TempoSync. Sync is not activated. If Sync is already active it will be turned off.
    • Sync Hold (>0.2sec): Sync Toggle. If Sync status is released, Tempo is reset to +/- 0%.
    • Sync LED Feedback: BRIGHT when Sync is activated. - GREEN (Tempo & Phase in sync, both with tiny error margins for beat juggling), - LIME (Tempo in sync but out of phase), RED (not in sync & out of phase)
    • (SHIFT+Sync) Tap: Deck TempoMaster toggle (ON/OFF).
    • (SHIFT+Sync) Hold (>0.2sec): Master Clock AUTO toggle.
    • (SHIFT) Sync LED Feedback: BRIGHT GREEN (deck is TempoMaster), - LIME (Master Clock AUTO is not active, deck is not TempoMaster), RED (Master Clock AUTO is active, deck is not TempoMaster)
    • Hold DECK (A, B, C or D) + Loop Encoder (Turn): Adjust GUI zoom factor. (Push Encoder) to reset to -0.75
    • Hold DECK (A, B, C or D) + Move Encoder (Turn): Cycle through all 17 deck colours! (Push Encoder) to reset.

Track/Stem deck features:

• Loop-In: (SHIFT+GRID) (GRID button (lights up, Color Green))
    • Loop-Out: (SHIFT+JOG) (when loop active: (JOG, GRID button flashes Green))
    • Jogwheel Turn: (while in active Loop) hold (SHIFT+GRID) or (SHIFT+JOG) (or both) to adjust Loop-In or Loop-Out (or both) with the Jog Wheel. Jogwheel LEDs turns green.)
    • Move Encoder Turn: (while in active Loop) hold (SHIFT+GRID) or (SHIFT+JOG) (or both) to adjust Loop-In or Loop-Out (or both) by exactly 1 beat.

Mixer channel features:

• DeckTypeSwitch (Deck: A,B,C SHIFT+EXT) Cycles through 1-3 deck types, as long as the corresponding deck is not playing (Track Deck ➔ Remix Deck ➔ Stem Deck ➔ Track Deck). (Deck: D SHIFT+EXT) Cycles through all deck types, as long as the corresponding deck is not playing (Track Deck ➔ Remix Deck ➔ Stem Deck ➔ Live Deck ➔ Track Deck).
    • Switch MIC D - LINE (EXT) (automatically switches Deck D type to Live Input)

Browser features:

• Preview Button: Can be used both in HOLD as well as TOGGLE modes. As long as the Preview Player is loaded, the Browse Encoder seeks through the track. Loading a track into a deck will now also unload the Preview Player.
    • View Button: HOLD button to use as (SHIFT) for Browse Encoder only, as well as TOGGLE browser view.
    • SHIFT+View: Toggle original Jogwheel behaviour (i.e. Jogwheel does not scroll playlist, has White colour, turns when track is playing and allows pitchbending and scratching). Setting will be saved between sessions.
    • Jogwheel Browsing (VIEW-JOGWHEEL) (Big Jumps (VIEW)-(SHIFT+JOGWHEEL))

FX features:

• Assign the FX devices to the respective deck
      • Activate a deck on each side (A-C, B-D), hold Shift and start the assignment, the button of the activated deck flashes, the FX Select buttons 1-4 take on the color of the deck, select this by pressing Shift + FX 1-4, the activated assignment starts flashing
    • Activation of FX mode
      • Press Shift+Filter(white) button, if FX mode is active the filter button flashes, press FX Select 1-4 for device mapping the selection lights up
      • You can choose between single (blue) and group (dark orange) mode by pressing the filter button
      • To exit FX mode press Shift+Filter
      • The respective On button and the control above it correspond to the respective order of the device
    • Control of the selection boxes for the FX device
      • To select the respective Select Box, hold down the respective On button and turn the browser encoder to navigate
      • Load, press and hold the (ON[A] button), the active FX select button turns Green and press the button (if successfully: FX select button turns single or group color)
      • Save, press and hold the (ON[B] button), the active FX select button turns Red and press the button (if successfully: FX select button turns single or group color)
    • FX Stop All Activ Loops
      • StopAllLoops, press and hold the (ON[C] button), the active FX select button turns Plum and press the button (if successfully: FX select button turns single or group color)
    • FX (lfo Reset)
      • lfoReset, press and hold the (ON[D] button), the active FX select button turns Yellow and press the button
    • Play mode activation and active
      • To assign the device, select FX button 1-4, press and hold the desired button to activate- all on buttons turn green
      • To exit Play Mode, press the active FX Select button
      • To stop and start the recorded loop, press the desired green On button, if it is active it lights up
      • When a loop is active, amount is disabled, except in record mode
    • Rec mode and recording
      • To activate Rec mode, press and hold the desired On button (1-4) while you are in Play mode, it will turn red
      • To start the recording, select the respective On button, it flashes and turn the amount. To finish, press the On button again, the recording starts automatically in a loop, If you hold down the ON button to exit, you will return to play mode
      • To end the recording function, press and hold the respective on buttons; they will turn green again (Play mode)
      • You can always start recording again, the running loop will be stopped

!!! During all this you can also switch between the individual devices with FX Select 1-4
    !!! When you have left Play mode, the respective On button flashes
    !!! If FX 3-4 is disabled, select 4 FX units in the Traktor software
    !!! If you switch between single and group mode or change the select fields while a loop is active, it will stop automatically
    !!! The FX Mod Color Scheme (Single, Single2Color(Reset), Group, Group2Color, Play, Rec, lfoReset, Load Snapshot, Store Snapshot, Stop loop) can be changed in file FourChannelFXSelector.qml [lines: (from: 190 to: 201)]

Other changes:

• MixerFX 4 colour changed from YELLOW to LIME (better visibility and difference to Filter's LIGHTORANGE).
    • Standard deck colors (A, B): Turquoise, (C, D): DarkOrange
    • "Preview", "Favorite", "Preparation", and "View" Button now also have the Deck Color

"Big thanks goes to Sûlherokhh,

(If you think the mod is great, please send him a coffee)"

Update:

• Load, press and hold the (ON[A] button), the active FX select button turns Green and press the button (if successfully: FX select button turns single or group color)
      • Save, press and hold the (ON[B] button), the active FX select button turns Red and press the button (if successfully: FX select button turns single or group color)
    • FX Stop All Activ Loops
      • StopAllLoops, press and hold the (ON[C] button), the active FX select button turns Plum and press the button (if successfully: FX select button turns single or group color)
    • FX (lfo Reset)
      • lfoReset, press and hold the (ON[D] button), the active FX select button turns Yellow and press the button

!!! The FX Mod Color Scheme (Single, Single2Color(Reset), Group, Group2Color, Play, Rec, lfoReset, Load Snapshot, Store Snapshot, Stop loop) can be changed in file FourChannelFXSelector.qml [lines: (from: 190 to: 201)]

I also cleaned up the code a bit.

Please create a backup of the original files

• pixel

@VityaT I recommend that you uninstall the S3 MOD, I don't adapt my mod to any TSI files.
    my mod supports 100% FX

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 2,544 mod

You have been so active recently, it may be a good idea to open your own thread in the same vein as this one. What do you think? You have been posting so much more than i have. 😁

• pixel
    edited June 5

No better not. I'm afraid all the stupid people are getting on my nerves when I look at the S3 issues, I can only laugh at how stupid you must be when I read here about the supposed problems with the S3 headphones too quiet. If the voltage gets too low, the S3 switches to economy mode (which is very good).
    I would rather retire

edit

OT: I met an older man who has the Diehl Combitronic from 1970, just great. I was even allowed to program a small program in Basic, I love these old computers, the noise the computer makes with the mechanics and the printing mechanism gives me goosebumps

• pixel

When I have time I will adjust your TSI file, but you didn't ask me that^^

• VityaT

At the moment i don't see big poblem with FX on startup.
    A little bit annoying but not the thing a can't live with. And because of this i willn't ask you to do something with this in your mod.