S4MK3 & S3: Performance MOD (qml coding)

Comments

• VityaT
    VityaT Member Posts: 40 Helper

This evening will be special :D

• pixel
    pixel Member Posts: 148 Advisor

I think I have now fixed all the errors.☺️
    please use bug fix 4😙

• pixel
    edited May 21

update: 7

I have now done it so that FXSelect 3 & 4 only light up if 4 FX Units are set in the software.🙂

Edit: Now it works stable, please use update 7, all bugs are fixed in my opinion, I now need a few days for another project that I'm still helping with. Then I take a break and read through the forum so I can understand Traktor better🙂

My better half is already showing me a bird here

• pixel
    edited May 22

VityaT:

In FX automation play/record mode it is possible to change FX Mode
    (Single/Group). At the same time automation does not stop and continues
    to play. I think it better to reset automation play state when FX Mode
    is changing between Single/Group

I implemented the suggestion in V9 and made a few code improvements. Now I'm taking a break🙂

edit: v10 If you change the select fields, the loop now stops automatically🙋

edit: It should also be said that it doesn't make sense to carry out an animation on every effect device, you just have to try where it makes sense.

But now you can also use the traktor live as an S3 effect device with the mod.

Originally it was just an idea as to whether it could be implemented.

As a hobby programmer, I don't look at whether something makes sense, but rather whether I can implement it🙂

• pixel
    edited May 23

I have also implemented the suggestion:

• when you are in rec mode, the (on button) lights up red when loop is active.
    • If you switch between single and group mode or change the select fields while a loop is active, it will stop automatically

If you don't understand, please watch the video

please also use v12, this is the last version for now, I haven't found any more bugs, For now it will have to be enough

• pixel
    edited May 23

I have now found a way to achieve the value 0 (dry_wet, knobs.1, knobs.2, knobs.3) in the scan (Rec).😋
    Then I suddenly had an idea and updated it to V13.🙂

now that's cool 0-100🤗

• Sami de Sousa
    Sami de Sousa Member Posts: 20 Helper
    edited May 23

@Sûlherokhh How do you install the mods? I tried replacing the original files with the files in the package, but Traktor crashed after that, so I had to revert back from the backup. And what happens to the mod files when the software is updated?

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 2,544 mod

The main S4 performance mod is for Traktor version 3.11.1, so make sure this is what you have installed before adding the mod files.

When the software receives an update, you will have to install the mod manually again.

Which Traktor version are you using, and what is the name of the 'modfilename'.zip that you want to install?

• djvic91
    djvic91 Member Posts: 84 Helper
    edited May 23

Sami de Sousa

going to chime in on installing the mod. make sure you make a back up and all you have to do is make a copy of the qml folder that contains what you need. i use to have a mac that would ask you if you would like to replace new or old files ( i think it was in the settings). my new mac doesn't so this is what i do. open the qml folder and you will see 3 folders, csi, defines, and screens. when you download the zip file it will have folders with files. go to your qml and find the folders you received. move the new files into your folder and it will replace them automatically. you have to open the folder and grab the new files and drop them into the section they belong that's it. one folder at a time manually. it works for me and i don't have any issues. i use a mac.

almost forgot! for goodness sake! buy that man a coffee!

• Sami de Sousa
    Sami de Sousa Member Posts: 20 Helper

Thanks @Sûlherokhh & @djvic91 for the comments. I have Traktor 3.11.1, and I did exactly as @djvic91 instructed, but something must have gone wrong when I first tried it. I tried it again, and now Traktor opened without crashing. I have to give it a spin with S4 later tonight. If I like it and decide to keep it, I will surely buy that coffee ☕️

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 2,544 mod

I recommend you read post#1 carefully, there are many nuggets to be found. Especially the section about customization.

Enjoy! 😁

• djvic91
    djvic91 Member Posts: 84 Helper

Just being able to put whatever LED color you want on the wheels and that alone is just awesome !!! That is worth the price of a coffee

• pixel

S3 Performance Mod V10.0:

"I have updated my files (Traktor Kontrol S3)" 😃

Deck features:

• Jogwheel Beatcounter LED
    • VinylBreak (SHIFT+PLAY)
    • Jogwheel LED PhaseMeter (SHIFT+DECK+MOVE_TOUCH+LOOP_TOUCH)
    • DeckUnload (only at deck stop) (SHIFT+GRID+LOOP_TOUCH)
    • scratchBlink (play button)
    • Sync Tap: BPM is set to Master BPM aka TempoSync. Sync is not activated. If Sync is already active it will be turned off.
    • Sync Hold (>0.2sec): Sync Toggle. If Sync status is released, Tempo is reset to +/- 0%.
    • Sync LED Feedback: BRIGHT when Sync is activated. - GREEN (Tempo & Phase in sync, both with tiny error margins for beat juggling), - LIME (Tempo in sync but out of phase), RED (not in sync & out of phase)
    • (SHIFT+Sync) Tap: Deck TempoMaster toggle (ON/OFF).
    • (SHIFT+Sync) Hold (>0.2sec): Master Clock AUTO toggle.
    • (SHIFT) Sync LED Feedback: BRIGHT GREEN (deck is TempoMaster), - LIME (Master Clock AUTO is not active, deck is not TempoMaster), RED (Master Clock AUTO is active, deck is not TempoMaster)
    • Hold DECK (A, B, C or D) + Loop Encoder (Turn): Adjust GUI zoom factor. (Push Encoder) to reset to -0.75
    • Hold DECK (A, B, C or D) + Move Encoder (Turn): Cycle through all 17 deck colours! (Push Encoder) to reset.

Track/Stem deck features:

• Loop-In: (SHIFT+GRID) (GRID button (lights up, Color Green))
    • Loop-Out: (SHIFT+JOG) (when loop active: (JOG, GRID button flashes Green))
    • Jogwheel Turn: (while in active Loop) hold (SHIFT+GRID) or (SHIFT+JOG) (or both) to adjust Loop-In or Loop-Out (or both) with the Jog Wheel. Jogwheel LEDs turns green.)
    • Move Encoder Turn: (while in active Loop) hold (SHIFT+GRID) or (SHIFT+JOG) (or both) to adjust Loop-In or Loop-Out (or both) by exactly 1 beat.

Mixer channel features:

• DeckTypeSwitch (Deck: A,B,C SHIFT+EXT) Cycles through 1-3 deck types, as long as the corresponding deck is not playing (Track Deck ➔ Remix Deck ➔ Stem Deck ➔ Track Deck). (Deck: D SHIFT+EXT) Cycles through all deck types, as long as the corresponding deck is not playing (Track Deck ➔ Remix Deck ➔ Stem Deck ➔ Live Deck ➔ Track Deck).
    • Switch MIC D - LINE (EXT) (automatically switches Deck D type to Live Input)

Browser features:

• Preview Button: Can be used both in HOLD as well as TOGGLE modes. As long as the Preview Player is loaded, the Browse Encoder seeks through the track. Loading a track into a deck will now also unload the Preview Player.
    • View Button: HOLD button to use as (SHIFT) for Browse Encoder only, as well as TOGGLE browser view.
    • SHIFT+View: Toggle original Jogwheel behaviour (i.e. Jogwheel does not scroll playlist, has White colour, turns when track is playing and allows pitchbending and scratching). Setting will be saved between sessions.
    • Jogwheel Browsing (VIEW-JOGWHEEL) (Big Jumps (VIEW)-(SHIFT+JOGWHEEL))

FX features:

• Assign the FX devices to the respective deck
      • Activate a deck on each side (A-C, B-D), hold Shift and start the assignment, the button of the activated deck flashes, the FX Select buttons 1-4 take on the color of the deck, select this by pressing Shift + FX 1-4, the activated assignment starts flashing
    • Activation of FX mode
      • Press Shift+Filter(white) button, if FX mode is active the filter button flashes, press FX Select 1-4 for device mapping the selection lights up
      • You can choose between single (blue) and group (dark orange) mode by pressing the filter button
      • To exit FX mode press Shift+Filter
      • The respective On button and the control above it correspond to the respective order of the device
    • Control of the selection boxes for the FX device
      • To select the respective Select Box, hold down the respective On button and turn the browser encoder to navigate
    • Play mode activation and active
      • To assign the device, select FX button 1-4, press and hold the desired button to activate- all on buttons turn green
      • To exit Play Mode, press the active FX Select button
      • To stop and start the recorded loop, press the desired green On button, if it is active it lights up
      • When a loop is active, amount is disabled, except in record mode
    • Rec mode and recording
      • To activate Rec mode, press and hold the desired On button (1-4) while you are in Play mode, it will turn red
      • To start the recording, select the respective On button, it flashes and turn the amount. To finish, press the On button again, the recording starts automatically in a loop, If you hold down the ON button to exit, you will return to play mode
      • To end the recording function, press and hold the respective on buttons; they will turn green again (Play mode)
      • You can always start recording again, the running loop will be stopped

!!! During all this you can also switch between the individual devices with FX Select 1-4
    !!! When you have left Play mode, the respective On button flashes
    !!! If FX 3-4 is disabled, select 4 FX units in the Traktor software
    !!! If you switch between single and group mode or change the select fields while a loop is active, it will stop automatically

Other changes:

• MixerFX 4 colour changed from YELLOW to LIME (better visibility and difference to Filter's LIGHTORANGE).
    • Standard deck colors (A, B): Turquoise, (C, D): DarkOrange
    • "Preview", "Favorite", "Preparation", and "View" Button now also have the Deck Color

"Big thanks goes to Sûlherokhh,

(If you think the mod is great, please send him a coffee)"

Please create a backup of the original files

• pixel
    edited May 30

Hello VityaT, I'm writing to you here, when I have time, I'll create my own snapshot function, then you can also browse through the shots, since the standard snapshot function only allows one shot and overwrites it again and again, but If I were to do it myself, you could alternate it through the shots.
    I think that's what you mean by favorites?
    But I need the desire and time

edit: Sorry, I had the wrong name in the salutation :(, I mean VityaT :)

• pixel

I did this quickly so you can adjust the FX color scheme more quickly.

You can now easily set this in the FourChannelFXSelector.qml file, line 13, without having to search through the entire file

// FX Mod Color Scheme
    readonly property variant fxColorScheme: [
    Color.Blue, // Single
    Color.Cyan, // Single2Color
    Color.DarkOrange, // Group
    Color.White, // Group2Color
    Color.Green, // Play
    Color.Red // Rec
    ]

I also deleted a few pointless lines of code and a few pointless queries

Personally it was all too blue for me, I would rather do other colors, but as a standard it's fine.

Please create a backup of the original files