Using LaunchPad to trigger Maschine patterns

borisdivjak
borisdivjak Member Posts: 20 Member

I recently purchased a LaunchPad Mini and was disappointed to see that I couldn't use it to trigger patterns in Maschine. After browsing the forums I came upon an old post by D-One, using automated mouse clicks to trigger Maschine patterns with a Push 2.

So ... I wrote a script built on a similar approach that allows me to use my LaunchPad Mini to trigger patterns in Maschine. Check out the video to see how it works:

I made this work using:

A few key features:

• Automatically reads all patterns from Maschine and loads onto LaunchPad Mini (using a screenshot and reading from it)
  • Automatically calculates locations to click on, regardless of window position or size
  • Works with standalone app as well as plugin versions (Live and Logic Pro)
  • Can sync pattern changes to the perform grid – e.g. changing at the end of the current bar

You can read more about it and download the script for yourself from GitHub.

Let me know what you think and if you were able to make it work with your setup!

Tagged:

Comments

• NOoneis
    NOoneis Member Posts: 5 Member

Hi, sometimes i'd love to be a programmer. i'll definitely try it out with Maschine MK2 and Launchpad MK2 if it's compatible. Is it ? Appeals to me.

Thanks for sharing

• borisdivjak
    borisdivjak Member Posts: 20 Member

Hi @NOoneis , if you have the big version of Launchpad Mk2 (not the mini) then I think it should be possible. You would have to edit the code a little bit, though.

AFAIK the LP mk2 has different mappings for its control buttons in the top row. The code has a line that defines the property ctrlButtons - these are set to numbers from 91-98. You’d need to change these numbers to 104-111 for LP mk2.

Not sure if this will be enough, but might be worth a try. Let me know if you try it out.

The Maschine mk2 should be ok - in fact you don’t need the maschine controller at all for the script to work.

• NOoneis

Thanks for explanations, I'll be able tomanage those modifications.

• NOoneis

I'll give a feedback, no prob!

• Robert13
    Robert13 Member Posts: 19 Member

Can you make a direct input using the Scene trigger (Edit> Midi) function in Maschine2? I think from there you need a translation between the Maschine send and expected notes and de launchpad notes and velocity (color).

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,868 mod
    edited June 2023

Are you talking about MIDI Change? If so, yes that's easy, no need for anything complicated just configure your LaunchPad to send notes starting on C-2 on whatever software it comes with for custom MIDI configuration.

OP is talking about Pattern Switching which has no support to be triggered externally unlike Scenes/Sections/Locks.

• Robert13
    Robert13 Member Posts: 19 Member

Yes, I mention Midi Change. I have programmerd my LaunchPad X. Unfortunately you don't get e.g. Clip updated to the Launchpad to see which clip/ Scene is playing.