Storing Collection & settings across devices

TorstenE
TorstenE Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I work with 2 MacBooks and an external hard drive. I always want to save my collection on the external hard drive so that I always have the same playlists etc. on both devices. The layout of Traktor should always be identical on both devices. Whats the best way to do this? Please help!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• josephy
    josephy Member Posts: 2 Member
    Answer ✓

I believe that if you add your entire Traktor collection and settings folder to the external drive and then, inside the File Management options, set the "Root Dir" to the external folder, it should function in the way you want. I am waiting for Traktor to work on my M1 Pro before testing it, but this is what I figured out after having looked at the menu.

Answers

• josephy
    josephy Member Posts: 2 Member
    Answer ✓

I believe that if you add your entire Traktor collection and settings folder to the external drive and then, inside the File Management options, set the "Root Dir" to the external folder, it should function in the way you want. I am waiting for Traktor to work on my M1 Pro before testing it, but this is what I figured out after having looked at the menu.

• Torsten
    Torsten Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited April 2022

I have already tested that. Unfortunately doesn't work for long. After the next update, the setting is reset to the default storage location. This is not a solution for me.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @Torsten I believe the folder selected for the root directory should always be the latest version of Traktor so after each software update you'll have to change the folder accordingly.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Looping @Ryan_NI in just in case!

• Patch
    Patch Member Posts: 227 Pro

I have a similar setup. One laptop downstairs, and one laptop upstairs.

They’ve both got my collection and settings files on, and they’re both connected to my NAS backup.

Works like an absolute charm. 👌🏻