Why my Native Access 3.9.0 not starting on Mac Os Intel 11.7

Options

Answers

• Jdawgesq
    Jdawgesq Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Just a heads up, the app gives me a notification that it will auto install an update (and therefore crash) whenever I quit. I saved the latest stable version I have of Native Access in my documents folder and copy/paste it into my applications folder whenever I reboot or quit Native Access by mistake.

The auto update probably explains why other users said they thought they found a temporary fix by installing the legacy version but it eventually ended up no longer working.

In the meantime, my advice is to keep a copy of Jeremy_NI's 3.8.0 installer outside your applications folder and not delete it until a patch is released.

Everything works on my end as long as I don't reboot or quit Native Access. If I do, all I have to do is paste the stable version back in my applications folder.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    Options

@YM_LA23 Installing 3.8.0 didn't work for you?

• Kri5t0ff
    Kri5t0ff Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

having the same issue here, please can you update the app asap

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

Fix is on the way, until then you can use Native Access 3.8.0.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,283 mod
    Options

Quote Jeremy_NI (elsewhere) : Here's a version of Native Access 3.8.0 in the meantime: NATIVE ACCESS 3.8.0

• evo2slo
    evo2slo Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

When I launch 3.8.0 it automatically updates to 3.9.0 when I quit - how do I disable the auto-update?

• anfri
    anfri Member Posts: 6 Member
    edited March 13
    Options

@evo2slo I think the best way (unless you found a way to disable auto-update) is to keep the original 3.8.0 with a different name (or in another folder) in your computer, then, every time the app is updated you copy/paste this one to the Applications folder.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey all, Native Access 3.9.1 is out and fixes the issue, you can download it from here: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/native-access-2/

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,283 mod
    Options

@evo2slo & @anfri , Native Access version 3.9.1 is out for PC now , while I am writing this then there is no release notes yet , but I think that if it is out for Mac also (?) then it might contain a fix for the problems that you have been experiencing !

• anfri
    Options

I confirm that the current version (3.9.1) works!

The only issue I had was that it was stuck on "Installing dependencies", then I closed it, re-opened and now it's working.

Thanks NI.

• Myk
    Myk Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

@anfri: You confirm is working for Mac?

• anfri
    edited March 13
    Options

@Myk yep, at least in the OS that I mentioned in the title of the question :)

• evo2slo
    Options

The "Download Mac Intel" button is downloading 3.9.0. Where is 3.9.1?

• anfri
    Options

This is mine:

• evo2slo
    Options

Thanks @anfri

Tried it again and got 3.9.1.