Why my Native Access 3.9.0 not starting on Mac Os Intel 11.7

Options

Answers

• Scott Lawlor
    Scott Lawlor Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

I have an issue with the latest native access where it brings up a license agreement, and even though I arrow through the whole thing like it suggests, the accept and continue button isn't available. I'd write to support directly but, lately, their only responses to any problems is "Can you give us a screenshot" and nothing more. Thanks for any info on why the button isn't available.

• Myk
    Myk Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

Same thing here... Installed the Legacy until the Fix is Ready.

Thanks for the Workaround Guys: I was a bit stressed. 😊

• domc
    domc Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Hey all,

I solved it this way:

1. Manually Uninstall Native Access following the Native Instrument procedure

• Please delete the following files and folders from your computer:IMacintosh HD > Applications > Native Access.app
    • Macintosh HD > Users > *User name* > Library > Preferences > com.native-instruments.Native Access.plist
    • Macintosh HD > Users > *User name* > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Native Access (folder)
    • Macintosh HD > Users > *User name* > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Native Access Updater (folder)
    • Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Helper > NiHelperAuth
    • Macintosh HD > Library > Launch Daemons > com.native-instruments.Installer.HelperTool.plist
    • Macintosh HD > Library > Launch Daemons > com.native-instruments.Native Access.Helper2.plist
    • Note: The User Library is a hidden folder on macOS. To access it, click Go in the Finder menu bar and press down the Alt key. The Library entry will now appear in the menu.

2. Reinstall

1. Restart your computer.
    2. Download the full installer for Native Access and launch the installation process.

3. Reinstate Disk Full Access

1. Go to System Preferences
    2. Security & Privacy
    3. Privacy
    4. Native Access
    5. Now step back into Privacy and go to Location Service
    6. Select Native Access

It should work now!

• domc
    domc Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

BTW it stopped working again; sorry about that!

• andiho
    andiho Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Same here, crashes on startup.

Macos Big Sur ....

• evuori
    evuori Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Crash here as well macOS/Intel

• Toolmeezy
    Toolmeezy Member Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Glad I'm not the only one. So how many days till we can get a resolve? (asking for a friend.)

• Jdawgesq
    Jdawgesq Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Same here, Big sur 11.7. Did the full uninstall, nothing works, the update wrecked everything. Even the legacy Native Access App with a different logo crashes after install when it’s trying to install a helper.

I don’t care about running the latest version of Native Access, I just need my plugins available in Logic either directly or preferably through Komplete Control.

Does anyone have a link and instructions to a stable version I can use until NI comes up with a fix? I’m dead in the water here.

• Jdawgesq
    Jdawgesq Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Update. Luckily, I have the same setup on another identical mac. I was able to just copy and paste version 3.8.1 from one mac to another and it works.

NI, for now, just create a link to the 3.8.1 downloader to allow people to roll back. 3.9.0 doesn’t work on Big Sur and neither does the old Legacy version that’s supposed to work on Mac OS 11.

• Antongia
    Antongia Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

It doesn't work also on Sonoma... The only program that still work is Electric Mint, that I bought apart from my Komplete 14 bundle, all the rest has disappeared! Hope that NI put a link to the old Access version asap so we can work in the next days, while they are trying to fix the bug.

• Ear Lab
    Ear Lab Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

...same problem since update to 3.9.0

After crash terminal says:

Last login: Fri Mar 8 15:36:54 on ttys002

/Applications/Native\ Access.app/Contents/MacOS/Native\ Access ; exit;

The default interactive shell is now zsh.

To update your account to use zsh, please run `chsh -s /bin/zsh`.

For more details, please visit https://support.apple.com/kb/HT208050.

Mac-Pro:~ renemunzer$ /Applications/Native\ Access.app/Contents/MacOS/Native\ Access ; exit;

[909:0308/153732.765275:ERROR:node_bindings.cc(152)] Fatal error in V8: v8::Template::Set Invalid value, must be a primitive or a Template

Segmentation fault: 11

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Prozess beendet]

• Audiohire
    Audiohire Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Hi All,

I, too, had the Native Access fail to launch after updating to Big Sur yesterday. I did the manual uninstall, reinstall process, with the same bad result.

Then, I downloaded Native Access 3.5.3 from here the Legacy Installers page (it won't let me post the link, sorry)

And it WORKED!!! I'm back in business. And better still, I didn't have to bother manually uninstalling- I just downloaded the 3.5.3 DMG, ran it, said "replace" when prompted that there was a newer version in my Applications folder, and restarted before running it.

Hopefully, I'm not missing anything nothing crucial in the very latest Native Access by doing this. I'm just happy to be up and running.

• Hayo_NI
    Hayo_NI Product Team Posts: 281 mod
    edited March 11
    Options

Hi everyone, just giving an update here. We've identified the issue and are working on a fix. We also apologize for not providing any remediation efforts. ETA for rollout is early this week, either tomorrow or Wednesday.

The issue is only occurring for Mac OS X 11 Intel machines, and is being caused by a crash with an improvement we made in our startup flow. Once this fix is out I will publish a separate announcement.

For now, the best chance you have is here, though please stay tuned for the future update coming soon, as while it does allow you to access your products, you are not connected to updates.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,920 mod
    Options

In the meantime, please try to install this older version of Native Access: NATIVE ACCESS 3.8.0

• YM_LA23
    YM_LA23 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Same here using Mac with touchbar running Big Sur. PLEASE DONT TAKE FOREVER NI