Cubase 12 Upgrade - Retrologue no longer on Maschine 2

manassas77
manassas77 Member Posts: 13 Member

The title says it all really - I have been using Maschine 2 as a vst within Cubase, and I had a project using the Retrologue instrument within Maschine 2.

Since the C12 upgrade, Retrologue has disappeared from the list of instruments, despite Halion and others still in the list.

I've done all the re-scanning through Maschine etc. and I tried adding the specific vst3 file to the locations, but received a message to the effect of 'This instrument is already part of a set' and couldn't add it.

Just updated to 2.15 but no change there. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

What OS are you running. Maschine does not run Third Party VST3 plugins yet, only NI VST3 Plugins or Third Party VST2 plugins.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

What OS are you running. Maschine does not run Third Party VST3 plugins yet, only NI VST3 Plugins or Third Party VST2 plugins.

• manassas77

Hi. Thanks for the speedy answer. You may be onto something there - The C12 Retrologue is definitely vst3 so it looks as though the vst2 may have been 'retired' by Steinberg.

This would explain why Halion and Groove Agent still appear on the list ... as vst2 versions.

Very useful information - I'll dig into this a little further, but I think that will be the answer.

Win10 BTW.

• manassas77

@Blindeddie That hint did the trick. It seems the C12 upgrade has removed the vst2 version. Nothing in the changelog to suggest this was happening, but there you go. I'm taking this up on the Steinberg board.

I've managed to locate the missing .dll from an old Cubase installation on a different computer and we are back up and running.

Hopefully this may be useful to others bumping a similar issue down the road.