Help finding good acoustic samples for mikro mk3

scouser
scouser Member Posts: 15 Member
edited April 2022 in Maschine

Hi

I bought my mikro over a year ago and am yet to use it as the NI library that was included was not good enough for what I am looking for.

What I would like are some suggestions for some nice acoustic drum packs also would be interested if any come with basic loops that I could edit ? Having said that I want to keep it as simple as possible.

I would also be interested if anyone could point me to some good video tutorials on using the mikro to create simple beats, when I last looked the best I found to get started was this https://youtu.be/mqVWTGoZ2gg

Thanks

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer βœ“

Steven Slate drums is A Virtual Instrument, not Loops and Samples you can load in Maschine like an expansion and does not behave like expansions do, so you are confusing the two...

watch this video on loading VST instruments in Maschine, it should help clarify...

If you have questions at that point, let me know!

Answers

• Blindeddie

For Acoustic Drum Loops, check out "Drums on Demand" great variety of loops and styles.

Drum Loops, Drum Tracks, Guitar Loops, Bass Loops – Drums On Demand

Also, Smartloops has some nice loop packs (both audio and Midi). The Mutlitrack loops are nice because you can customize beats.

Products – Smart Loops

If those don't float your boat, then just search "Drum Loops"!!

As far as tutorials, it can be hit and miss...again a YouTube search will give you lots of results, you just have to go through them to find ones that you think will help you!!

• scouser
    edited April 2022

Thanks so much for taking the time to get back to me, really appreciate it.

I know you said that I need to search YouTube, but are there any you could suggest, if not no worries.

Basically, I am struggling to import anything that wasn't included by NI, so some kind of tutorial on that would be really helpful

Thanks again

• Blindeddie

can you give a specific example of "Struggling to Import", post screenshots if you can, and if I understand correctly, maybe this will Help, its about the browser and adding User loops etc...might clear things up a bit.

For Other tutorials, I would recommend Jef Gibbons on YT... his "Beginner guides are good, here is a link to the playlist of those tutorials/Guides. He demonstrates on Maschine MK3, but it is easily transferrable to the Mikro (if the option is available on the Micro) and he references the Software as well, so if the Mikro does not have a specific "Button" or "Action", you will be able to find it in the SW.

He has a ton of other vids that are super informative and helpful...I would suggest subscribing!!~!

• scouser

Thanks so much Eddie I will check that all out.

• scouser

I just wondered if it mattered that those links refer to the full Maschine and not the Mikro ? Although I guess there is some commonality ? Or at least on what I have watched so far. Some of it is more geared to the full Maschine.

I am still struggling to get the free Steven Slate loaded ?

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

The Maschine Mikro and the Maschine MK3 run through the Maschine software, so functionalities and process are pretty much the same πŸ‘

• Blindeddie

What struggles are you encountering...can't help if you don't explain them!!

• scouser

As mentioned in my previous post trying to load Steven Slate into maschine, I know it's basic stuff, but I am struggling ? And generally how to access and load external kits.

How to swap out kit pieces to create custom kits

How to save created kits

That would get me up and running

• scouser

Ok, So I am going to try and explain the problems I am having loading external kits, with the aid of pictures and words. Here goes: I navigate to the place where steven slate lives on my PC in this case drive F: When I click on SS it expands to show what is in that folder see pic 1

I am not sure what I should be clicking on here, but I have tried clicking on pretty much everything none of which load a kit ! Below are some examples of clicking on each of the above. Lets start at the top Drum presets opens these

Clicking on deluxe lib opens the below

Clicking on Rock kit

Well I won't upload tons of pictures which yield no results. Would rather wait for someone to give me something to try as everything I have tried so far has failed to work ?

• scouser

I have managed to locate where you might expect to find the sounds/samples, here

But when I click on any of these folders rather than seeing sounds inside the folders, there is nothing. I have had more joy opening things up in Kontakt ! So why is this so counter intuitive and difficult. Or is it me ?

• scouser

Maybe this is going to be a lot easier if I forget about drun packs like steven slate - Abbey Rd ie all the decent samples and just look for some one shot samples to drag onto pads in Maschine software and create kits that way ?

• Blindeddie
    Answer βœ“

Steven Slate drums is A Virtual Instrument, not Loops and Samples you can load in Maschine like an expansion and does not behave like expansions do, so you are confusing the two...

watch this video on loading VST instruments in Maschine, it should help clarify...

If you have questions at that point, let me know!

• scouser

Ok well that makes sense, thanks for that Eddie, so how do I map the sounds to the pads ?

• Blindeddie

Mapping VST Instruments to pads is a process in itself... Have a look at this video, it explains the process of setting up VST drums to the pads.

https://youtu.be/1AQMPAXj9f8