Komplete Kontrol is crashing my projects in Cubase 13 on Windows 11

Options
Mista Pops
Mista Pops Member Posts: 3 Member
edited February 1 in Komplete Kontrol

Anyone else having this problem, seems like since the new browser came out, Yes I update all the time. open komplete Kontrol load a sound and when closing I get several error messages, a serious problem has occourred. Cubase will close try saving your project. and yes I have completely lost every thing I worked on for hours and hours, and hope I have a backup of it.I own komplete 14 collectors edition, Maschine mk3 and S61 keys. I can't rely on Komplete Kontrol software

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,913 mod
    edited March 12 Answer ✓
    Options

@SAJP Have you tried Komplete Kontrol 3.2.0? Issue should be fixed.

Does the crash still happen?

Answers

• jayjay89
    jayjay89 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Thanks...now I know I'm not the only person who has this problem.

I have the exact same problem. I'm using Cubase 13 Pro, and the S61 keyboard. When I close Komplete Kontrol, an error message appear: "a serious problem has occourred".

I have no solution for that problem. i reinstalled all Native Instruments products, upgraded from Cubase 10 to 13. The Error isn't fixed.

I hope there will be fix or patch very soon.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 254 Newcomer
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FilmCompos3r
    FilmCompos3r Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Yes, definitely saw those errors as well, and they persisted even after I tried to roll back to KK2, so good luck.

I had to build a separate windows boot drive with a fresh install of KK2, which I'll need to keep on hand for older projects, while I try out KK3 on my main drive.

Total nightmare. I probably won't keep the MK3 to be honest. New software is a buggy mess, the screen real estate is almost entirely wasted...feels like it's offering 10% of its potential and it's just not worth $1k for these technical headaches.

• Steril
    Steril Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 29
    Options

Same here, Cubase 13 Pro on Win11, S61 mk3 and newest KK-Software. My band colleague has similar problems

• Steril1234
    Steril1234 Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
    Options

Same here, Cubase 13, Kontrol 3 +latest KK Software on Windows 11. Track focus does not work in Cubase and I lost 2 Projects because of KK crashes. Unusable at this point. No problems in Ableton Live 11+12.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited January 29
    Options

Hey all, we'd like to investigate the issue. Can you please share the following?

1. your operating system
    2. What keyboard do you have (Komplete Kontrol MK1, MK2, MK3) or third party?
    3. Can you reproduce the crash without the keyboard connected?
  • xv666tr2
    xv666tr2 Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

mine komplete crashing as well:

win11 - cubase pro 13 - AMD Ryzen9 - 16 core - 3.40 GHz - 32 GB Ram

AMD Radeon Pro W5700 Graphikcard

NI : S 88 - MK2

• FilmCompos3r
    Options

1. Windows 11
    2. I had MK1, bought MK3, and will soon be returning it and switching back to MK1
    3. There are too many problems to isolate. One crash involves opening the KK3 Interface; though the instrument is loaded and can be played, the interface will not appear, and the DAW crashes soon after. Another problem is lost Kontakt instances within Komplete Kontrol, particularly with projects that used instances of KK2. Honestly, this is the issue that is forcing me out of the ecosystem. With no reliable way to access projects made with KK2, I simply can't upgrade to KK3. Another issue is that the MK3 keyboard seems to be grabbing instances of Kontakt within Vienne Ensemble Pro, even with all midi ports disabled in VEP. This conflict occurs even while in Cubase and is causing lots of weird issues.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

Hey all, Komplete Kontrol 3.1.1 and Kontakt 7.8 were released a couple of days ago, can you update both and let us know if the crashes still occur?

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

And to check if it's an issue with certain graphic cards, can you also share what graphic card you are using.

• dbouckley
    dbouckley Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
    Options

Same problem. Cubase 13, S88 Mk 2, Komplete Kontrol. Works fine with Cubase 12.7. "Usually" get around it by opening KK standalone, closing it, then starting Cubase 13. Also, can load instruments using Kontakt 7 under C13. Seems like a C13 problem to me. Back to C12.7 for now.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@dbouckley Windows 10 or 11? What's your graphic card?

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 906 mod
    Options

Just because it isn't clear - are people still experiencing this issue after installing 3.1.1?

From the 3.1.1 release notes:

• An intermittent crash when showing or hiding the user interface on Windows 10 and 11

• FilmCompos3r
    edited February 1
    Options

Bringing the convo from my previous thread - yes, still experiencing this problem here in Cubase 13.2.1 on Windows 11 with the latest updates (KK 3.1.1, Kontakt 7.8)

My system is a clean install of Kontak 7.8 and KK 3.1.1 - I created a totally fresh install of Winfows 11 to make sure the issue wasn't related to upgrading KK 2.96 to 3.1.1. I'm using an AMD Radeon 6600 XT.

The project was created originally with instances of KK 2.9.6, and opened on my clean install of KK3.1.1. It has instances of Diva, Zebra, Vital, and Kontakt 7, all running within Komplete Kontrol 3.1.1. There are also a few instances of Kontakt 7 running in standalone mode.

All instances of non-Kontakt instruments open and work as expected in Komplete Kontrol, but many of the Komplete-Kontrol based Kontakt 7 instruments have problems. "Sometimes" opening one of the K7's results in no GUI and a crash. I say sometimes because the last time I opened this session, it was an instance of Albion One (running on Kontakt). As I type this, it's instances of NI's Gamelan, Cinematic Studio Strings, that's not opening. To be clear, the instrument is loaded and working, but the GUI will not come up.

If I disable and re-enabled one of the non-responive Komplete Kontrol instances, I get the GUI to come up, but I can't get any of the plugin edit views to appear. If I try and continue to work, the DAW eventually locks up and crashes with no error message.

I'm also seeing problems with standalone instances of Kontakt 7 loaded outside of Komplete Kontrol. I get the message "Update required. Please open Native Access to update Kontakt and/or Hardware connection serve to continue using your MK3 Keyboard," even though everything is up to date (I don't get that error when connected to Komplete Kontrol). I'm starting to see graphic corruption in the DAW at this point (stuck help bubbles, see image).

One final issue - I run Vienna Ensemble Pro on my setup, and my keyboard seems to want to hook up with instances of Kontakt 7 within VEP INSTEAD of standal instances of Kontakt 7 in Cubase. This only seems to happen when I'm trying to connect to standalone instances of Kontakt 7.

• dbouckley
    dbouckley Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
    Options

Re: Windows 10 or 11? What's your graphic card?

Windows 11, NVIDIA T500, i7-1165G7, Memory 40GB