S4 display mods | Supreme Edition vs Joe Easton

lord-carlos
lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,214 Expert
edited February 27 in Mapping Traktor

Hello

I currently am waiting for my S4 to arrive.

Even after reading the different threads, I have difficulty seeing what exactly the two payed mods do and what the difference is.

The supreme edition also adds extra mappings? For example I can use 4 effect banks?

And Joe Easton mod is mainly changes to the display?

I appreciate any insight.

Best Answer

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod
    Answer ✓

In short: Both change much more than just the display. I would recommend getting Joe's Mod for now, as it is more 'polished', for lack of a better word. You can use 4 FX banks with it as well. Here is an overview of it's contents:

I have to test Aleix's Mod with my S4 a lot more before i can tell you any details about it's latest incarnation. Haven't unpacked it since december though. Stress testing the D2's (which is my current setup) seemed more important.

Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    Answer ✓

In short: Both change much more than just the display. I would recommend getting Joe's Mod for now, as it is more 'polished', for lack of a better word. You can use 4 FX banks with it as well. Here is an overview of it's contents:

I have to test Aleix's Mod with my S4 a lot more before i can tell you any details about it's latest incarnation. Haven't unpacked it since december though. Stress testing the D2's (which is my current setup) seemed more important.

• Aleix Jiménez
    Aleix Jiménez Member Posts: 72 Advisor
    edited February 2022

My mod offers many features aside from modifying its screen’s, but Joe’s does too, I believe 🔝. Some of the highlights of my mod, for example, are:

• Settings menu on your controller to customise many screen/mapping features
    • Loop in/out adjustment with Jogwheels
    • Emulated vinyl play/stop effect (without using Traktor’s effects)

I can't provide you any pictures of the screens since I don’t own an S4 myself, and my version for the S4 isn’t fully working right now because of some code refactorings I’ve been doing lately, but the idea is to fix everuthing asap.

Feel free to leave a comment or reach me out privately if you have any specific doubt! 😇

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,214 Expert

Super. Thank both of you.

• Bonjah
    Bonjah Member Posts: 15 Member

I saw you had upload your own version of Joe's mod on his Patreon. Is just your tweaks? or is it just a updated version of his latest one, as it hasn't been updated since September 2021?

• Sûlherokhh

It's my tweaks on top of his last update from 2021. Check out the textfile for an overview of the tweaks. With one or two exceptions, all of the tweaks can be toggled or adjusted in the new settings file.

• Bonjah

Is the fx-arrows disable by default or is it someting wrong there?😬

• Sûlherokhh

Just press some of the buttons or shift or switch the active unit. The LED's only bug out on first load and work fine later. Something to do with the FX Unit redo i did, so that the assignment buttons always work with the current unit that is active. Switching units (1 to 3 and 2 to 4 and back) now works without having to use the shifted function. I think i put a description of how the units work in my mod update. You can easily return to Joe's original functionality by editing the settings file, which should solve the LED bug as well.

I tried to work out the bug but then discovered i would have to do quite a lot of reworking on the basic structure of the screen mod and then decided it wasn't worth it.

Oh, give me some feedback if you like the adjustments i did. I personally like the new jogwheel functions and the expanded waveform zoom steps best. :)

• Bonjah

I most be a little bit stupid, cuz I dont get it to work here.😅 Press buttons with and without shift and they wont light up still. And what config file do I reset to joe’s fx build, that works on my setup?🙈 I would love to give some feedback, but as now I cant try it out full.🙂 Cheers!