Expression pedal with Komplete kontrol A49

Options
officialsumitpathak
officialsumitpathak Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
edited April 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Hello, Is there any way to use an expression pedal with Komplete kontrol A49? Please Help.

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    edited April 2022
    Options

In the Midi assignment editor you change the pedal "Mode" to "Continuous", "Type" to "Ctrl Change" and controller # to 11. Info on the Assignments for Continuous Pedals can be found in the Manual Page 69. Info on the "Midi Assignment Editor" starts on page 63

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,688 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
  • officialsumitpathak
    edited April 2022
    Options

Thank you. But I have a problem. I am using compatible listed m-audio ex-p expression pedal, sustain works but when I assign the midi value for CC11 or CC7 and use the pedal, signal fluctuates. Could you please help on this. Does A series keyboard support expression pedal?

• Blindeddie
    Options

Did you run the Calibration process?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,688 mod
    Options

@officialsumitpathak Yes, A series support expression pedal. As Ed said, try the calibration. You can also check the MIDI activity of the pedal, with no other active music software as explained here: How to Monitor the Input of a MIDI Controller

If values still fluctuate, you should try the pedal on another keyboard to see if it's coming from the pedal or from the keyboard.

• officialsumitpathak
    Options

Thank you.

• officialsumitpathak
    Options

@Blindeddie Yes it asks to push the pedal all the way down and up. Nothing works, I also replaced the pedal from the shop. Tried invert swap t/r still nothing.

• Blindeddie
    Answer ✓
    Options

can you be more descriptive when you say the "Signal Fluctuates"? Do you mean it is not sending a smooth signal (signal is jumpy)?

Can you record some automation in your DAW that shows the "fluctuations" and post a screenshot? Did you connect the pedal when the KB was powered on? if so, try removing the pedal, Power down the KB (unplug the USB), plug the pedal back in and then power up the KB (Plug the USB back in).

• officialsumitpathak
    Options

Oh thanks unplugging the usb worked. That was simple. Yes it was not sending a smooth signal.

• Blindeddie
    Answer ✓
    Options

The KB detects the pedal when it is powered up and "decides" what type of pedal and how it should configure it. Glad its all sorted!!!