how to get Kontakt or Logic to receive MIDI input from the Komplete Audio 6.

kasper
kasper Member Posts: 6 Member

Hi! I'm a new Audio 6 owner. I was hoping to connect my MIDI keyboard to the Audio 6, and that the Audio 6 would send MIDI data to my Mac via the USB connection:

MIDIController--MIDICable-->Audio6--USBCable-->Mac

I can't figure out how to get Kontakt or Logic to receive MIDI input from the Audio 6.

Is the Audio 6 supposed to be able to do this?

How should I be configuring the Mac, Kontakt, or Logic to accept MIDI input from the Audio 6?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• kasper
    Answer ✓

Hi, @Blindeddie!

Thanks again!

So after numerous reconfig's and reboots, I've gotten it all working. To get it all working, I had to:

• Connect the KA6 to the Mac.
    • Launch Kontakt.
    • Configure Kontakt's MIDI settings: Inputs - Kontakt Virtual Input, Port A; and KA6, Port A; Outputs - Kontakt Virtul Output, On; and KA6, On
    • Launch Logic Pro.
    • Create a new Software Instrument Track connected to Kontakt.

And that's that - record and playback both work.

Be well!

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

You would need to select the Audio 6 Midi inputs and outputs in Logic or Kontakt Midi Settings. Start with Kontakt standalone, click the gear icon at the top of Kontakt click "Midi" at the bottom, and make sure the KA6 is set to "Port A". Load an instrument and see if you get any sound. Make sure your controller is set to transmit on the same channel the Kontakt library is set to receive on (By default it is Channel 1) If the KA6 is not on the list to select as a Midi Input/Output then something is not correctly set on your MAC, cant help with that part, Windows here...

• kasper

Thanks, @Blindeddie! Your Kontakt instructions are perfect: the KA6 is now controlling Kontakt.

Can anyone help me with Logic? I can't get the KA6 to work as the MIDI controller for Kontakt in Logic.

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

In Logic Pro, choose Logic Pro > Preferences, or press Command-Comma (,), then choose the Midi Pane, then go to the input tab and select the KA6... basically the same as you did in Kontakt... Midi preferences are discussed on page 990 of this manual...

Logic Pro User Guide (apple.com)

• kasper
    Answer ✓

Hi, @Blindeddie!

Thanks again!

So after numerous reconfig's and reboots, I've gotten it all working. To get it all working, I had to:

• Connect the KA6 to the Mac.
    • Launch Kontakt.
    • Configure Kontakt's MIDI settings: Inputs - Kontakt Virtual Input, Port A; and KA6, Port A; Outputs - Kontakt Virtul Output, On; and KA6, On
    • Launch Logic Pro.
    • Create a new Software Instrument Track connected to Kontakt.

And that's that - record and playback both work.

Be well!