Maschine Plus Browser window not viewable in controller mode

barr7004
barr7004 Member Posts: 17 Member
edited April 2022 in Maschine

I have successfully switched machine to controller mode. I am able to select sounds from the software but I cannot do any browsing around on the unit now. When I unplug the unit from the computer (stand alone mode), I can use the browser on the unit. I am unable to change scales and chord progressions from within the application but I can on the unit when I can see the browser window. The pads work fine, browser window on controller/unit is stuck on Maschine Plus. I have the latest version of the Maschine software.

I am expecting to see information in the two windows above but not happening, please help

Tagged:

Best Answer

• barr7004
    Answer ✓

Maschine family, I fixed it. There was an issue with my drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling did not work. I was on Windows 8.1. I upgraded to Windows 10 and when the system booted back up, it automatically fixed the issues with my drivers. My screen works fine now. I know it sounds strange but it had to be something with the OS. I did update the BIOS on my computer as well. I am finally ready to dig in. Thanks everyone

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

Kind of looks like the NIHostintegration service is not running. Check in Task Manager->Services to see if it is running… if not, try starting it. Report back!

• barr7004

I have rebooted many times and the services are running. What is strange is I can trigger the sounds with the pads, just can't maneuver around the browser window. I really appreciate you looking into this

• barr7004

I also want to show that this is running as administrator per documentation

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 336 Guru

I have M+ on my keyboard stand. There's a stupid long USB cable run all the way around my room over to my desktop. It's so long that it came with a power adapter. lol. Midi works fine. Storage mode works fine. If I try to use it as a controller, the screens will freeze after a few minutes. Most other functions work.

I have a USB cable on my desktop that goes into a powered hub and then another long run over to my computer. It works fine there. Yet another USB cable actually over by my computer going straight into one of the ports. Works fine there. Works fine on my laptop and surface.

That's all a really long winded way to ask: Have you tried another cable or another port?

• barr7004

This is new unit, not even five days old. To answer your specific question, not plugged into a hub, used standard cable in 3.0 slot and another cable as well. I definitely feel like it is a setup issue but I appreciate the advice. Any further advice is greatly appreciated

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    edited April 2022

I assume you switched the unit from Standalone to Controller mode in settings?

also, have you checked device manager to make sure the Driver is being properly loadded?

• barr7004

You have to do it from the controller per the documentation. You cannot just select the unit from the software. It will not let you and documentation confirms

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro

It looks like you are using it with the adapter still plugged in. I have found that it only works for me with the adapter completely unplugged and connected by the square USB-B port in the back.

It initially annoyed me that I couldn't just leave everything else connected normally the same way and then just boot into controller mode because it's nice to be able to have your system wired into the same setup and not have to be plugging and unplugging things. But once I adjusted to it, it actually works better for me and my Maschine+ becomes more portable in fact. I can just take the M+, 1 USB cable and my laptop if it's charged and I'm actually more free than I was before.

• barr7004

Thanks for the update, I disconnected power, rebooted, to no avail. I just now noticed that there is some conflicts with the drivers although native access says that it is ok. I will try to fix and get back with you guys. Thanks for the help thus far

• Peter Harris

I'm sure you're probably already doing it right but just to confirm that you were using the square USB-B into the port that's by itself into your computer, not one of the two stacked regular USB-A ports on the far left?

• barr7004

I am not plugged into a hub, only one cord comes with the Maschine, does that answer your question. It is Plugged directly to the usb 3.0 port on the computer

• barr7004

See attached

• Peter Harris
    edited April 2022

Sounds right. I only mentioned it again because that's something I misunderstood on my setup before.

If you want to rule everything out, you could try plugging Maschine into an older USB-A (1.1 or 2) port the computer side If you have one. I vaguely remember seeing a technote about something that didn't work with the newer port but did with the older one. My laptop for example has one of the new ones and two of the old ones but until I read that I didn't even notice there could be a difference on the same computer.

Definitely a long shot but if you've tried everything else it couldn't hurt.

• barr7004

Thanks Peter

• barr7004

Are you saying take it out of the 3.0 port? If so, I tried that but I am willing to take any advice?