Maschine mk3 as live input sound too low on line mode

diego_braido
diego_braido Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited April 2022 in Maschine

Hi,

I’ve configured the maschine mk3 as a live input in one of the decks of Traktor S4 through an audio interface (komplete audio S2). Everything works well but I’m struggling with the sound quality. In line mode, sound is way too low, I need to put the gain of the live deck in traktor S4 all the way up and yet the volume is still too low. Obviously if I switch to phono mode, sounds is louder but not good quality (muddy/bassy).

I heard that traktor s4 has a poor input amplifiers, so I was wondering what I need to do to get a louder sound level from line input? Do I need a line amplifier ?

Is there any settings on maschine mk3 to amplify the output of the signal before sending to traktor?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Seqsual
    Seqsual Member Posts: 41 Helper
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

Try turning up knob labelled "MIC IN GAIN" on the back of your MK3. In my case it affects also line inputs. Don't ask me why.

Edit: I think I have actually misunderstood your question - sorry...

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Hey @diego_braido You would need to connect your turntable to a mixer and plug the mixer to the MK3 or get a phono to line converter.

• Guitarbot
    Guitarbot Member Posts: 1 Member

I also have an issue with the line inputs of the mk3 being too low.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited December 2022

Hum.. Theres no turntable in this mix right? Never use Phono for line level signals, it will be awful...

I think it's a combination of the output of the MK3 not being super loud OR the input of the S4 being a bit too low (maybe both) + whatever is coming from your MK3 isn't a Mastered track...

A finished Master especially in some genres can have heavy limiting/compression, the loudness war has not ended for DJing. So, to know for sure in the computer that runs the MK3 simply compare your projects perceived loudness VS a commercial track that you might play, if thats the anwser then slap a limiter on the Maschine Master, you'll get less dynamic but more loudness.

Or... Get some sort of amplifier; altho it's very awkward to have to resort to an AMP for Djing.

For reference on my DJM S7 mixer the signal from my M+ (same interface as the MK3) sounds a bit low (no limiter) but I don't have to push the gain that much.

• Seqsual
    Seqsual Member Posts: 41 Helper
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

Try turning up knob labelled "MIC IN GAIN" on the back of your MK3. In my case it affects also line inputs. Don't ask me why.

Edit: I think I have actually misunderstood your question - sorry...

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@Guitarbot Since you jumped in in an existing thread started by another user it would be great if you could give more details on what's happening and your setup.

• Pietro Pavan
    Pietro Pavan Member Posts: 1 Member

INCREDIBLE !!!!

I JUST DISCOVERED IT !!!!

Thanks a lot for reporting this.

Indeed the MIC IN GAIN on the rear of the MK3 affects also the LINE IN signal !!!!

Thanks for providing the info !