The browsing in the S61 MK3 is bugging with Kontakt, Komplete Kontrol, Massive X tracks in Pro Tools

Options
2»

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,873 mod
    Options

@herenow Yes, i know the video but it was made for he MK2s, not the MK3s.

So, the peripheral settings are only here for the host integration, which are not functional yet.

Normally, if you open one (and only one) Kontakt or a Komplete Kontrol plug-in in Pro Tools, the plug-in should detect the keyboard automatically.

The problem you might be facing, and that I might have misread in the beginning is that if you open a second Kontakt or Komplete Kontrol plug-in, the keyboard can't follow the new instance. That is "normal" at the moment and should be fixed when the host control functions are implemented by a ProTools update. Until then you should stick with only one instance.

I hope it makes sense.

• herenow
    herenow Member Posts: 21 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for clarifying. Very helpful.

So actually I can have as many instrument tracks with a Komplete Kontrol plugin inserted, and they are recognised in the S61. I can do my thing (browsing the DAW, setting the plugins, playing with the macros,...) and it works fine provided I reset the Peripherals when I open the Pro Tools session as explained in my previous post.

Interestingly enough, I only have one instance of Kontakt 7, and it is not recognised. It seems we don't experience the same issues on our respective system. On my end, the issue looks like it's with Kontakt 7. Maybe there is something more I don't understand underlying that issue.

Maybe there is something going on with the Kontrol firmware?

I'm looking forward to the Pro Tools update in the meantime!

Thank you so much!

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@herenow Ok, interesting, thanks for your feedback. I will check that in more depth. Mk3 in Pro Tools is also new to me!

• herenow
    Options

Thank you so much for your help Jeremy, Matthew.

It's brought a lot of clarity to the situation.

I'll wait for the Pro Tools update. I'm glad I can still use the S61 in the meantime!

Thank you!

• herenow
    Answer ✓
    Options

Quick update. All bugs / issues solved with Pro Tools 2023.12.

Thank you everyone for your help!

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@herenow Thanks for the update, updating Pro Tools right now!