Maschine+ Freezing at Startup

Mac-Kee
Mac-Kee Member Posts: 13 Newcomer
edited March 2022 in Maschine

Hi. Is there finally a solution to this annoying issue? I also have the problem now. The ticket in support is unprocessed except for a standard response and the machine is not usable. Great when you have a gig! 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CZT-d0Ss9y7/

Sorry, but I am so very upset about the massive probelme with the Machine+. Can anyone here help? NI obviously can not!

Tagged:

Comments

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,302 Expert

First it would help if you post your video on a platform where no login is required to view it.

• Cretin Dilettante
    Cretin Dilettante Member Posts: 120 Advisor

I have instagram, so I'll describe it: The dude powers on his Maschine+ and it remains on the "Maschine+ is starting" screen for over 30 seconds.

• ozon

@Cretin Dilettante 💪

@Mac-Kee did you try to use a different SD Card?

• Mac-Kee

@ozon The problem exists with and without an SD card. A different card does not solve the problem either.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited March 2022

Support will help you, but it can take anywhere from 1 to 3 days, depends how busy they are.

Try without an SD Card at all, unplug it for a bit and replug it.

I don't want to alarm you but the only time I've seen this issue before the user ended up having to swap his M+

• ozon

@D-One wrote:

I don't want to alarm you but the only time I've seen this issue before the user ended up having to swap his M+

wasn’t there also one type of issue where support provided a file to be copied to the SD card which cleared up the M+?

• Mac-Kee

@D-One & @ozon

I hope so much that support can resolve the issue online. It saddens me to no end that the problem will spoil my gig.

For so many good years of MK3 the + is just a big disappointment

• skrutiny
    skrutiny Member Posts: 23 Member

the update being released next year should fix this >.<

• D-One

I don't remember but that is possible, maybe with a button combo that triggers the unit to load the OS version on it or something.

He can't update the normal way if the unit doesn't boot to begin with... The update option is in the preferences.

• ozon

There was a thread on the old forum with a similar problem:

@Jeremy_NI could you please have a look?

• Mac-Kee

Fortunately, the way described in the old forum worked. Support was able to provide me with the file.

However, it did not work with the original SD, I had to use a new one.

I will format the original SD now.

Thanks for your support here.

Is there actually news about the update 1.14?

• D-One

Cool, glad you got it sorted!

Is there actually news about the update 1.14?

No, expect it "soon".

• Jon Watte
    Jon Watte Member Posts: 77 Advisor

I will format the original SD now.

If that SD card has previously failed on you, the only safe thing to do with it is chuck it in the trash.

Yes, it's possible that the problem was software, and it's possible that the card would work just fine after re-formatting. But it's just as possible that the card has bad blocks, that will corrupt random other files that you put on it in the future.

Unfortunately, SD cards frequently do not have the same robust bad-flash-block management that we've come to expect from our SSDs and M2 disks.

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro
    edited April 2022

As the owner of both a 512 gig SD card and faster,cheaper and more reliable 2 TB SSD (that I keep plugged into one of the USB ports), I would love if I could boot off of the SSD. That is in case the Maschine development team runs out of feature requests to work on. 😂

• D-One
    edited April 2022

Interesting... But why would you want to boot of an external storage VS the internal eMMC flash storage?

That would be great because the OS and SW would be accessible, therefore hackable, maybe people would come up with interesting things, a lot of things on the desktop are easy to modify.