Wish to report a bug with the panel "list" module

Studiowaves
Studiowaves Member Posts: 451 Advisor

Every once in a while the modules stop working. When this happens I turn on edit mode, unlock and relock the panel movement, then exit the edit mode and they work fine.

Also just changing the list options to spin then back to another view, many strange things happen, mainly you have to discard it and call up another and start over.

I think the list has been around for quite some time and if the devs have time it might be nice to check the code. Not a problem since I found a workaround, just thought the dev's should know.

Tagged:

Comments

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    edited March 2022

Al, using List module on Receive send out a GRE.

• Studiowaves
  • Cal Scott
    Cal Scott Member Posts: 91 Advisor

Also i noticed copy and paste from another imported ensemble can make it not work.

• Studiowaves
    edited March 2022

It's probably an old module, unfortunately it's my favorite control. Try unlocking the screen panel and closing it then exiting edit mode. That's always worked for me. I've notice that it doesn't work when first inserted into a module after calling it up from the library. Then after saving it in a patch or something, really just using it, it can start working. Curious if there is another way to click on a plus or minus sign and have the value saved in a snapshot. Imagine it could be done if a snapshot could save a memory location and rewrite it to be reused when called back up. Which may be what it does do... But it does other flaky things when you change to the spin mode then try to go back to another mode. It's pretty screwed up, I think the abandoned it.

• Studiowaves

Paule, do you have the select-max midi module. I found the select min in one of your ensembles. I guess it came with version 5. Neither are in version six library, at least I could not find them.

• Cal Scott
    Cal Scott Member Posts: 91 Advisor

If i remember correctly, doing the same paste a list from an imported ensemble in R5 worked fine. But its not such a big deal to write a new one... depending on how many entries ofcourse.

Be cool if it got an update that allowed to select a different font.