Anyone know why I get "Driver unavailable" error when connecting my A61 midi keyboard?

Loser
Loser Member Posts: 6 Member

I have installed the updated windows drivers from the "updates / drivers" page on the NI website but when I open my MIDI settings (in my DAW or Komplete Kontrol Preferences) my Komplete A61 keyboard is not on the list of available MIDI controllers... I also do not see the A61 on the list in the "Control Editor" app. I have no idea what I am supposed to do to resolve these issues. I feel like this problem is specific to either my MSI Laptop or the A61 as I have not seen any other people with the same issue as me. Any help would be much appreciated!! 🙄😅

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

unplug the KB, reinstall Komplete Kontrol and then plug back in. If still not recognized check Device manager to see what the issue is then post a screenshot of that.

A61 does not use Controller Editor, to configure midi templates for the A61 you use the Midi Assignment editor in Komplete Kontrol.

• Loser

I unplugged my device, uninstalled / re installed Komplete Kontrol, and I am still having the same issue.

Here's a screenshot of my device manager:

Once again, my driver for the A61 is apparently fully up to date so I feel like my only option is to get rid of this thing and try to find a different product that may be more compatible with my laptop.

I am still open to suggestions if anyone knows how to fix this. 😓

• Blindeddie
    edited March 2022

Did you try clicking "Update Driver"? It should allow you to "Browse" for a driver... The KK MK2 drivers can be found at C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Komplete Kontrol MK2 Driver\inf. The second Screenshot you posted above is the Controller "Firmware", not the Driver...two different things... I will assume you tried a re-boot?

• Loser

This is not an MK2 keyboard. It is an A-series. But I did try searching for the drivers manually in:

C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Komplete Kontrol MK2 Driver\inf.

C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Komplete Kontrol Driver\inf.

C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Komplete Audio Driver\inf.

No luck finding an available driver update in any of those folders.

• Blindeddie

At this point it sounds like you need to put in a support ticket, official support will be better able to determine what might be wrong. Report back if you get a solution to your issue!

• Loser

If anyone has had this problem please let me know if you found a solution!!

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,558 admin

Hi @Loser is everything working find after updating your OS to the latest version of windows 10?